• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bathing habits of your birds

Status
Not open for further replies.

~~WINDAQUA~~

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Avery
My dusky conure, Zoey, HATES HATES HATES spray bottles as well and won't bathe in her water bowl or in her cage (must like to keep everything clean and organized LOL! She puts all her wood shreds in one corner, drags her veggie bowl to another corner, and poos in the other corner!) But she LOVES warm (almost hot) water from sinks, cold water from gallon water jugs, and with me in the shower. I've never seen what she does when I vacuum because she's always on my shoulder screaming with joy!

Avery & Zoey :duskyconure:

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Dusty(so aptly named) enjoys a misting. My sun Rika and my female tiel Maxie will tolerate a misting. The two major bathers are the budgies. Skyler has always loved a bath and I swear he paddles and swims. I have an old video of him taking a bath when he had one the day before-and he took another ONLY because he was on camera.
Nowadays, the female Holly has to be first and sips, then puts her butt lightly in the Lixit tub. Skyler watches from a perch above until Holly moves away, then he jumps/dives into the bowl. He then proceeds to wade, splash, paddle until he creates a tidal wave. He will keep jumping in and around as long as he has an audience clapping and yelling"clean birdie".

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
If I take a shower, about 2xs a week my birds will take a shower willingly. When I vacuum every day, abvout every other day They'll want a warm misting.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Logan it sounds like Lucy is quite the bather when she is into it :rofl: That would be so cute to see on video!! :lol:

JML, that video was too cute!! You just gotta love how into it they can get :D

Avery that is so cute how organized Zoey is :D What a smart birdie to keep everything in order. Maybe she could come talk to my crew about that? :lol:

Pat I think we need a video of Skyler having his bath time!! I love seeing them when they are so into it, its just too cute :D

It cracks me up every time i hear about a bird taking a bath with the vacuum going. Mercedez, do you Toos get wet fairly easy? Lance is the most water-proofed too Ive ever me :D It takes a LOT of water to get through that powder. I think that is just so cool. The three goffins take a while too, but nothing like Lancelot.

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Let's see:

Cosmo loves to bathe in his water dish. I will come home some days and find him soaking wet, lol. He hates the spray bottle though.

Merlin hates, hates, hates baths. I have tried everything, but I have to spray him down to his great protest.

Ernie is not too fond of baths either, but will endure a spraying.

Chico loves the water, spray bottle, the shower with me, he doesn't care. He will do bat bird (hang upside down with his wings out) if I spray him in his cage.

Harley prefers to soak himself in his water dish, usually with the vacuum cleaner going.

Wesley prefers the shower with me.

Connor is another bird that will give himself a bath on his own. Usually if I start by spraying him, he will run down and finish bathing himself in his dish.

Tink hates, hates, hates baths.

Joey sometimes likes to be sprayed, but only sometimes.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
The conures: They bathe in the water dish every chance they get, LOL!
If the bathing lixit water dish is not full, or it is warm water, they go the the water bowl, and take their bath in that, haha. They fluff, and flap their wings, get water everywhere and Pepper gets her entire body in the water bowl, with the exception of her tail, haha!! The conures also prefer cold water, if I put warm water in their dish they won't take a bath, hehe!

The cockatiels: They like to be sprayed with a spraybottle, they are scared of the shower, LOL, and they don't like taking a bath in their water bowls either, hehe! When I mist them, all of them spread their wings out, until they are totally soaked in water, hehe!

Sammy: Sammy takes a bath all 3 ways, but she prefers the shower. She used to be SO scared of getting wet, taking a shower, (she is a rehome), and now she LOVES it, she gets in the shower several times a week (I take a shower every day, but she goes in with me several times per week, LOL!). If I run the vaccum, sometimes she will take a bath in her water dish, but she crams herself in, and only gets her head wet, haha! She likes to be sprayed with a spray bottle also, but then if I spray her with the spray bottle, she wants a full fledged shower, hehe!

Status
Not open for further replies.