• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Basic TOO Info sheet

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Basic Information Sheet for the Cockatoo

Last edited by a moderator:

galah!

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pia
Thanks!:)
Do you know any good sites on galahs??? (RB2)

AbbyLove

Moving in
Real Name
Jeannie
New little "Too" on the block. Her name is Abby, 14 years old, and new to me. I've known her for over 2 years and when she needed a new home, I gave it thought for a couple of months and then said yes. Whole family are "birdparents" so they said "finally" and welcome to "going to the birds". We get along just fine and are learning about each other. So far, so Good. Learning training techniques, but she has most of the basics down. Now she is just trying to see if I'm "in the know" and that I won't let her "rule-the-roost". After 4 weeks, she is settling in nice and is a sweet (most of the time) little lady. I still work 4 days a week... and she is beginning to take that in stride... we have a routine and she seems to like it. Anyway, enough "bending the beak" and just saying "HI".

LindaB

Moving in
Good morning. I am a new 'Too Mama. I just adopted Boo-boo (Bailey) from a friend going through a divorce. He is a 24 year old Bare-eyed Corella? I have 8 other birds, conures, Irns and 1 caique. He is a friendly happy guy. We are barely 24 hours in.
Any tips on managing? Obviously i will be going slowly, but I wondered if anyone has small pit bulls ( conures) , and how you handle time out of cage. I am curious the best way to introduce him, but make it relaxed? Thanks!

Magnificus

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
John Koups
Good morning. I am a new 'Too Mama. I just adopted Boo-boo (Bailey) from a friend going through a divorce. He is a 24 year old Bare-eyed Corella? I have 8 other birds, conures, Irns and 1 caique. He is a friendly happy guy. We are barely 24 hours in.
Any tips on managing? Obviously i will be going slowly, but I wondered if anyone has small pit bulls ( conures) , and how you handle time out of cage. I am curious the best way to introduce him, but make it relaxed? Thanks!
Hi Linda
I also have a male Muirs Corella (Western Australian Long Bill) and I have found him to be very aggressive towards my other two birds...a Double Yellow Headed Amazon and Red Tailed Black Cockatoo. If he was to get hold of them it would be fatal!!!
Not sure if the bare eyed is similar in temperament to other Corella species but just be careful.