• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baseboard and ceramic heaters

ElliePNW

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi, we have an upcoming freeze (low 30F) and wanted to keep my bird safe indoors while we get our home's central heating situation fixed. We have a Sweeter Heater in the cage and turn it on at night and cover his cage to keep him cozy. But our house could go down to 50 or so if it's freezing outside. We have a couple of oil space heaters but they don't do much in this old, drafty house. We were wondering if anyone knew of bird-safe Cadet (or other brand) baseboard heaters we could install. I'm waiting to hear back from their engineers and not sure how long that will take. I was hoping to run to Home Depot to buy some ceramic heaters that are safe to leave unattended but not sure if I'll find one that's been confirmed safe by the company in time, so would be so very appreciative of any recs. Lastly, I saw these on Amazon and was wondering if anyone has tried them. Thanks so much! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09N616JHS/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=A8NJR09EN49T6&psc=1

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Bump