• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Base/tray for DIY tabletop stand

Nimbus

Meeting neighbors
Bit of a weird question incoming:

I’m planning to make a tabletop stand for Pippin and Sam, and I’m wondering where I can find a safe piece of wood for the base?

I don’t have the tools to cut anything as big as a base to the correct size, so I’m crossing my fingers I can find something that could be used as is.

Anyone have any ideas?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Any untreated pine should be fine to use. I get mine from the local hardware store and they will often cut it to size for me if I ask- some places charge a few dollars for the service and others do it for free if it is just a few cuts they need to do. Pine is usually fairly cheap too which is another bonus.
There are other things you can use too I suppose but I tend to stick to pine as Burt likes to chew EVERYTHING.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Home Depot can cut a piece of pine to size for you, they also have some precut smaller pieces. Just stay away from plywood or anything treated.

Nimbus

Meeting neighbors
Home Depot can cut a piece of pine to size for you, they also have some precut smaller pieces. Just stay away from plywood or anything treated.
...I honestly don’t know why I didn’t think of getting it cut to size in a hardware store.
Thank you, lol

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
...I honestly don’t know why I didn’t think of getting it cut to size in a hardware store.
Thank you, lol
If you never have had to do it before, it's not something you immediately think of! :)