• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BARTOK THE BRAVE!!!

Scorpi0

Sprinting down the street
Checking in with a tiny photo dump! We are still living Lady B's best life. Mordi is still an absolute sweetheart and Bartok is still an absolute weirdo. They will be red faced forever due to a pretty serious beet habit B has acquired. I had an abundance of beets after harvesting our garden so I included it in their chop. The next time I made chop, I didnt have any beets on hand. B let me know that I had made a mistake by knocking all of the dishes down all day long over and over until beet justice had been restored. ❤
Lmaoo

They are the best!! :lol::lol:

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
B and her darn stringy things. Its so strange to see how shes changed on this thread. Her purpley cheek spots are now white. The lady is becoming regal

Attachments

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Omg what a little athlete! That is amazing :bliss:

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
B is either exploring herbal baths OR going to lengths to teach me a lesson on how she feels about certain herbs. I put a handful of "herb salad" from twin beaks on one of their platform perches with some seeds sprinkled in to encourage foraging and the platform isn't a GREAT distance from the green bath (which, she also doesn't like btw, she likes to poop in it and spill it. She prefers her ss bowls for bathing) anyway, round 3 water changes I noticed the green bath had some herb salad in it and as always, I am impressed with her ingenuity. Pic of the space between the herb salad perch and the rejected green bath for attached for reference.

Attachments

Scorpi0

Sprinting down the street
I made the beauts an instagram account JUST so I could share this video. I HOPE THIS WORKS!!!

Bartók & Mordecai on Instagram
Dont wanna scare you but keep an eye on them whenever you have any loose rope toys in their cage. One of my birds got his nail tangled up in the thread and was stuck on it. I wasnt home and luckily decided to check up on them through the camera. I hopped in the car and jammed back home to free him up. Poor guy was stuck for 30 minutes.

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Dont wanna scare you but keep an eye on them whenever you have any loose rope toys in their cage. One of my birds got his nail tangled up in the thread and was stuck on it. I wasnt home and luckily decided to check up on them through the camera. I hopped in the car and jammed back home to free him up. Poor guy was stuck for 30 minutes.
Yess!!! Thank you!! They are always supervised (my husband works from home always and I do..most of the time!)

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Last night I was trying to record B playing (link attached, song lyrics NSFW). Anyway, shes a ham. Theres a part in the video where she notices me filming so she jumps off her swing onto Mordis perch and becomes extra dramatic - checking to ensure I am still filming. These pics are from another video I tried to take where she came in for a closer look :bounce4: my inlaws are coming to visit and my MIL is terrified of birds. Maybe theyll decide to stay with my SIL for Christmas this year. There was one Christmas where my cat attacked my FIL and it resulted in trauma and tragedy - I will not have a replay.

Attachments

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
WE ARE STILL ALIVE. It's been a busy few months, and we haven't been posting  I have been finishing up a practicum, juggling sick flesh children, and a bunch of other boring adult life things. Here is a picture of a very GROWN UP Lady B with her signature pose (and poor dear Mordi with his signature flinch). Mordi has become VERY brave!!!! He lands on my head every so often (and then panicks, and quickly retreats). Bartok has entered "breeding condition" which had me very stressed and diligent. SO FAR (we are I think a month? In) we have had zero eggs!!!  There has definitely been some....action (poor Mordi! I really feel like he has stockholm syndrome!!! Lol) Bartok has ACTUALLY come to like (maybe anticipate is a better descriptor than like?) My weekly cage reset I think. One week I was sick and exhausted so I skipped it, and the next morning she tossed every single newly filled dish, then she perched outside of the cage near my face chirping and clucking until finally I gave in and gave them a reset. She still runs this show.

Attachments

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Good to hear an update!
I feel you on the breeding, Sunbeam and I are clearly not on the same page right now! I am honestly so surprised there hasn't been eggs here yet :sigh: