• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BARTOK THE BRAVE!!!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you get her a friend, don’t put her in the new cage. They’ll need to get acquainted & move in together.

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
The lady's new home has arrived, and she is unimpressed. Her first cage was the minimum sizes recommended for 1 budgie (because like the neurodivergent hyperfixater I am, I did all of my homework before I dove in). I figured she was a baby and she'd be skittish and we could get away with that size of cage. However the Lady is brave. She is not skittish, she is DYNAMITE. I have been keeping an eye on the prevue hendryx flight cage (not the biggest one, but I can't recall the version) for sometime and costco (in Canada) had it for $209. Everywhere else, its close to a $400 cage (the alternative brands are close to $300). ANYWAY. The cage has arrived! I am so excited!!! She, is so annoyed (change and all) when I got the first cage, all of the "swag" I ordered came first - and I was like oh no... i have too much stuff! This time, the cage came first and my swag is still in transit so bear with our bare bones!!! Perches and toy ingredients galore are expected to arrive mid next week! (I am including a picture of her distaste as well) its giving "don't be fooled by the space that I got, I'm still, I'm still Bartok from the block" I don't want to put her in the cage, I want her to enter and explore on her own accord so - we will see who is more determined. The lady, or the peasant.

Attachments

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
If you get her a friend, don’t put her in the new cage. They’ll need to get acquainted & move in together.
Yes! I put the old cage in our bedroom (for decor for now) but if we got a friend thats where we would do quaratine. I have no plans on any new additons, at least not anytime soon.

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
That is a beautiful cage. Yes...LADY Bartok may take her time to acclimatize to it but if in future you decide to get her a friend (and quarantine them) you can use the old cage for that. When I got Sam a new cage (she is a very feisty lady too) I put my phone in there as she is obsessed with my phone. She took to it in a matter of hours. Little hens who bond with you quickly can endure change easily. The good Lady will adapt to her new castle quickly I'm sure...lol.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
The lady's new home has arrived, and she is unimpressed. Her first cage was the minimum sizes recommended for 1 budgie (because like the neurodivergent hyperfixater I am, I did all of my homework before I dove in). I figured she was a baby and she'd be skittish and we could get away with that size of cage. However the Lady is brave. She is not skittish, she is DYNAMITE. I have been keeping an eye on the prevue hendryx flight cage (not the biggest one, but I can't recall the version) for sometime and costco (in Canada) had it for $209. Everywhere else, its close to a $400 cage (the alternative brands are close to $300). ANYWAY. The cage has arrived! I am so excited!!! She, is so annoyed (change and all) when I got the first cage, all of the "swag" I ordered came first - and I was like oh no... i have too much stuff! This time, the cage came first and my swag is still in transit so bear with our bare bones!!! Perches and toy ingredients galore are expected to arrive mid next week! (I am including a picture of her distaste as well) its giving "don't be fooled by the space that I got, I'm still, I'm still Bartok from the block" I don't want to put her in the cage, I want her to enter and explore on her own accord
Your excitement, enthusiasm, and joie d vivre (sp?) make me smile so much!
And the honorary royal title is perfect!
I cannot wait to see the plethora of perfect pet paraphernalia going in her highness so-far despised new cage! Somewhere on this site I have shared my multitude of cage accoutrements which live behind 2 doors in huge over the door racks! FOUND the pics!

This is Sam deciding that her new big screen TV in her new luxury home was acceptable....
Oh I laughed SO hard at this Lori! Now I've seen it all, I really have!!! Oh Sam, you got it SO good!

Attachments

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Your excitement, enthusiasm, and joie d vivre (sp?) make me smile so much!
And the honorary royal title is perfect!
I cannot wait to see the plethora of perfect pet paraphernalia going in her highness so-far despised new cage! Somewhere on this site I have shared my multitude of cage accoutrements which live behind 2 doors in huge over the door racks! FOUND the pics!

Oh I laughed SO hard at this Lori! Now I've seen it all, I really have!!! Oh Sam, you got it SO good!
That is such a good storage idea!!! I might have to try that for my kids AND the lady! Lol

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
This is Sam deciding that her new big screen TV in her new luxury home was acceptable.... View attachment 410542
Oh lordy , my parrots are on my shoulder reading posts with me. I'm sure they now want a large screen cage TV!!!
This needs to be also needs to be added to you know you are a crazy burd person when.....lol

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh lordy , my parrots are on my shoulder reading posts with me. I'm sure they now want a large screen cage TV!!!
This needs to be also needs to be added to you know you are a crazy burd person when.....lol
I can just hear it now - in Oprah's voice -
EVERYBIRDY gets a large screen t.v. in their cage!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Congratulations on your new family and flock members. You have a great set up. And your birdos are adorable :heart2:

Good job always offering baths, especially on hot days. The birds will be good at self regulating so long as they have options :tup:

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Lady B is adapting to her new space. I have moved things around about 47 times in the past 2 days. Some of her new perches/toys arrive tomorrow! I am so excited!!! We learned that the best way to get Bartok to eat her chop, was to put her pellets in the trough that came with the cage. She HATES it, in the afternoon I got rid of the chop leftovers in the stainless steel bowl and replaced them with pellets. (Also, beets stain EVEN lady faces)

Attachments

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Lady B treated herself to a spa day (because Sundays are for self care!!) :jeanie:

Attachments

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Just adding a pic of B to share how her pin feathers have her looking absolutely unhinged. Poor babe, in the thick of her first molt during such an icky heatwave. Luckily, her personality hasn't been impacted at all - she is as sassy as ever! She has her first vet visit next week!!! We might get her beak and nails trimmed (if the vet feels its warranted) her beak looks a little long to me BUT she is actively using it to peel bark off wood perches and "cleaning it" on her pedi perch after she eats. She had quite a spirited bark tearing sesh when I removed her lover bowl.

Attachments

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Lady B is adapting to her new space. I have moved things around about 47 times in the past 2 days. Some of her new perches/toys arrive tomorrow! I am so excited!!! We learned that the best way to get Bartok to eat her chop, was to put her pellets in the trough that came with the cage. She HATES it, in the afternoon I got rid of the chop leftovers in the stainless steel bowl and replaced them with pellets. (Also, beets stain EVEN lady faces)
So she went in the new cage by herself did she?
Or did you offer some 'encouragement' LOL. Such cute photos!!! :heart:

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
I took the afternoon off and drove a few towns over to check out a parrot rescue that I love in search of a friend for Bartok. When we walked in the door, I told my husband I did NOT want another yellow/green budgie - we were DEFINITELY going home with a white one. Obviously, that didn't happen. Allow me to introduce B's new beau. Mordecai. OH!!! ALSO!!!!!! There was a GCC at petsmart - we stopped in to pick up some extra perches (I have never TRULY considered having a conure before, I don't think I have ever met one in real life) I. Fell. In. Love. Leaving him there was HEARTWRENCHING, I'm attaching a picture JUST to show you how darling it was. (Don't worry, we aren't adding ANY more birds to our family at this time!!!) The person at the rescue said that all the birds JUST had a check up (Mordecai is also microchipped which feels fancy) we are still quarantining to be on the safe side. Mordecai OF COURSE slipped out of his cage when we tried to place him, and he is not great at flying (compared to B at least).

Attachments