• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Barney's Pets

DancingFeathers

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Tracing Triton's origin per say was easy as he came with papers that said he comes from Barney's pets in California, was shipped to Georgia for testing then to a petco about two hours away from where that lady lived and finally to me. Triton had moved around a lot :sad14: .I tried looking into Barney's pets and from what I can gather they are a wholesale pet distributer. I don't know if he was bred there or not, so I was wondering it anyone knew anything about them.

happykappy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wendy
Do you know where in Ca? That's where I am.

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Google search comes up with only 1 in Chino, CA. Webpage under construction, but phone and address is listed.
Barneys Pets & Supplies

13325 Benson Ave, Chino, CA

(909) 591-4200

Skipper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Scott Schifer
I have a GC Conure (Gilligan) I rescued from a tree that was breed at Barneys. They breed birds and just about everything but kids. I called them and they confirmed BBF is their leg band but would not give me any info on Gilligan. Said to contact Petco. Petco customer service was very nice and did try, but they found no record of his leg band, so they either no longer have the info, or did not sell him. I will try them again and just ask for a hatch date.

Scott

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I realize this is an old thread but wondering if anyone has ever been to Barney's. Was told that the cinnamon GCC I have been visiting came out of that facility. I think it is only a wholesale place but just curious.

happykappy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wendy
No, I have looked. However, I did see one of their trucks on the 60 freeway.

Janquito

Checking out the neighborhood
I got a sun conure from a girl who'd purchased him through Petco and she gave me his papers which states Barney's Pets, his hatch date, band #, and that's he'd been shipped to Georgia to be tested. The papers say Barney's Pets and Petco so I think Petco and Barney's Pets are in this together. Maybe they are the breeder for Petco?

Starrior7

Checking out the neighborhood
Barney's is a pet and pet wholesale company. They buy birds from breeders in the area or at least used to. I've sold them baby Sun,Gold Cap and Peachfront Conures in the past several years ago. They used to buy Lovebirds and Tiels from people I knew. My birds were hand fed and banded. I haven't dealt with them for quite awhile though. I doubt they breed any larger birds.

Margie Idlett

Moving in
Real Name
Margie
I know they do supply some pet stores with Conures, parakeets, finches, and small animals.