• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bare eyed cockatoo

sweeper659

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
John Forsyth
Hi, I am looking to purchase a young hand reared bare eyed cockatoo, preferably not older than 6 months old. I am a retired pensioner with all the time in the world to give the bird all the attention it requires. I have experience with this breed. Thank you.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! Where are you located? That would help people be able to assist you.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to the site.

Something our older members must think about is their lifespan vs a parrot's lifespan. Bear in mind that bare-eyed cockatoos can live up to 50 years. If you are a retired pensioner, then the bird will likely outlive you or you may find that you are in a position where you are unable to care for it (e.g. should you enter a nursing home or sheltered accommodation). If you wish to purchase a young bird, please do put plans in place for it so that, in the event that you are no longer able to care for it, it is not bounced around between substandard homes on craigslist or gumtree.

Alternatively, you may wish to adopt an older cockatoo. Depending on which country you're in, there may be a nearby rescue. Your experience with cockatoos may well make an older cockatoo very happy.