• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bar spacing help!!!

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
Hello everyone,
Today, I bought a new flight cage for my budgies and I am slightly worried that the bar spacing is a little bit too wide. I measured it and it’s a little more than 1/2”. Can that still work? Please let me know ASAP since I am sort of panicking!!

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
How much more? 3/4" is too big, but 5/8" might be okay.

Mantis64

Hello everyone,
Today, I bought a new flight cage for my budgies and I am slightly worried that the bar spacing is a little bit too wide. I measured it and it’s a little more than 1/2”. Can that still work? Please let me know ASAP since I am sort of panicking!!
Could you take a pic to show us the spacing of the bars.

Jisoo

i think it's fine, if you see them trying to poke their head out and almost there i would switch to a different flight cage

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
⅝ would probably be okay. I'd need to see a pic with the measure to say for sure.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
For budgies bar spacing is half inch. Cockatiels are 5\8 inch.

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
Hello,
I am very sorry for being unresponsive in this thread. I have been very busy these days running back and forth trying to get the new cage ready, that I completely forgot about this thread. Anyways, here are the bar spacing pictures that some people asked for. In my opinion, I think that the bar spacing is okay since I take them outside the cage for almost the entire day, so I feel that they won’t A390EA46-2FCA-451E-A87B-686B1C870E54.jpeg escape themselves and I trust them not to. Although, I am not sure and that is the reason why I need everyone’s opinions!

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
That should be fine.