• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Band Information

nstasios

Checking out the neighborhood
I am hoping to try to age our yellow headed amazon Jake. She came to us as a rehome 2 1/2 years ago and now owns most of our living room. She belongs to my son who would really like to know how old she is. He is about to turn 18 and we were told she was possibly a year older than that. She has a metal closed band. I have trouble reading one of the lines on it, but what i can read seems to say:
AVA which is horizontally placed, then CAN which is vertically placed, then something i cannot read well - it may be OT, it may be 01 (which might make sense if she was born in 2001 which is one year older than my son), either way it is vertically placed, then she has the number 505 which may be her individual number??
So....
AVA
CAN
OT or 01 or ?? 07?

I would be grateful for any input. Thanks.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue! :starshower1:

AVA Parrot Castle Donna Castle Fort Edward NY (518)747-2606
If you call them, it is likely they will have a record :)

The ¨01¨ could be ¨hatched in 2001¨

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
CAN vertically placed makes me think of Canada.
NY bred bird would generally have NY vertically.

nstasios

Checking out the neighborhood
Thanks so much for the input. It’s more information than I had! I know Jake was originally in a veterinarian’s office with an African Grey. They were the office pets until the vet retired. He sold the practice and my friend ended up with them for purposes of rehoming. She needs a lot of attention, likely from having had it in the veterinary office. Fortunately we have teenagers coming and going all the time who engage her. Thanks again.