• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bamboo's finger

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
Hello to everyone.
I noticed a bump on Bamboo's finger. It's something I've seen for the first time. Should I be this worried about bamboo? I wanted to make an appointment with the vet, an appointment was made for Tuesday. Is there anything I need to do by Tuesday? I wanted to get your opinion.
Thank you.
IMG_20211014_203819_edit_96902583508650.jpg

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I agree that the vet appointment is a great idea.

Does it seem to be bothering him? In my view if he isn't picking at it, then just wait until the vet appointment. If he is picking at it possibly carefully wrap it in Medi tape while he waits for his appointment. If you wrap ensure that it isn't tight at all, bird feet are fragile and you don't want the bandage to be tight at all. It would only be to prevent him picking at it.

I haven't seen anything quite like this before. I hope your vet sorts it quickly. Poor little Bamboo.

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
He doesn't seem bothered at all. Very enjoyable.
Thank you so much.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
While you are at the vet, might as well get all the nails trimmed, the one on the right there looks quite long. Hope it goes smoothly and they can figure out what is going on :)

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
While you are at the vet, might as well get all the nails trimmed, the one on the right there looks quite long. Hope it goes smoothly and they can figure out what is going on :)
Sure. Thank you