• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ball of Fluff

CindyP

Checking out the neighborhood
My 16 year-old African gray has become a ball of fluff. It's happened in the last 2 months. She is otherwise happy, healthy, talkative and a very curious little bird. She has a wonderful diet, Flex flakes and walnuts for breakfast, greens and mixed veggies for lunch, Plum plant based Protein and fiber baby food spoonfed each evening And of course Harrisons organic pellets available to her throughout the day. I have not seen her plucking She doesn't seem to be itchy I see her preening. She bath IMG_20220423_113259.jpg es or showers daily. I'm totally baffled by what's happened to her beautiful plumage. There is nothing about her that says illness. She is entertained all day And sits out to watch TV with us for 3 hours each night. She is a happy bird. Any thoughts and what could be happening? I should also say that she is not a caged bird, and he's fully flighted. She is only in her cage to eat, nap, and sleep at night.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:welcome2:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hello Cindy, Welcome to the Avenue,

Have you spoken with your vet about this? Did they run any tests?

If you haven´t consulted with your vet, that would be the first thing on the list to do. I hope you get some answers!