• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

baldspot or plucking?

FruityFloc

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
Hi everyone, I got myself a lutino cockatiel a couple months ago, i'm estimating him to be about 7 months old, his name is Whiskey!

He's very healthy and adorable, very active and clingy and well bonded which i really love.

Anyway, when I first got him I noticed a bald spot on his head but I know that is quite common in lutino tiels, so im not worried about that. But I was giving him a shower today and I just noticed a big bald spot on his chest. Is this also genetic or do you think he plucked it? Also a small baldspot on his left wing but I couldnt get a picture.

He just finished moulting season and there are still some pin feathers on his neck, and he preens himselF A LOT but I assumed this was just because of his moult. He also chews on his feet a lot if that helps.

He has a pretty small cage right now with only a couple toys, but he spends 90% of the day flying around my room and following me around anyway. I plan on upgrading his cage once I get out of the house more. (post-quarantine)

So yeah is he plucking or is this normal? If he is are there any natural remedies?

Attachments

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Bump!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
When your bird is wet you will usually see a line like that down their chest, but that seems a bit excessive. It could be normal for your bird and mutation, but it’s hard to say. Has your bird been for a well vet check yet?

FruityFloc

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
When your bird is wet you will usually see a line like that down their chest, but that seems a bit excessive. It could be normal for your bird and mutation, but it’s hard to say. Has your bird been for a well vet check yet?

no he hasnt been to the vet yet, there are a lot of random bald spots i've noticed even right under his beak though so i think it might just be a mutation