• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bald spot Green Cheek Conure

Grace_F

Sitting on the front steps
My Green Cheek Conure is going through a molt right now, he is my first bird and this is my first time dealing with a molt. Yesterday I noticed a small patch of missing feathers right above his nares! He has been getting baths daily and plenty of nutritious vegetable chop. Is this normal for a molt??? CE41F9BC-D01F-4959-87E5-4A5413869DFC.jpeg 41D0954E-BE96-4E7D-B46A-9A75D2F4E562.jpeg 8F3ED5B0-731F-4CE4-B190-7A0C0360FCAB.jpeg

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
He's adorable! Are Bald Birds Normal? Maybe this might help? During a molt he might have temporary bald patches. If it lasts longer than the molt maybe take him to the vet. Good Luck!

CrazyKozmo

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
One of my green cheeks loses a lot of feathers above her cere (nose) during a heavy molt. Then the spikey pin feathers come in and she just looks funny!! Cute, but funny!!

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
Age? I've had a bird that was 15 years old and had a bald spot from old age, and from excessive preening.

Grace_F

One of my green cheeks loses a lot of feathers above her cere (nose) during a heavy molt. Then the spikey pin feathers come in and she just looks funny!! Cute, but funny!!
haha sounds adorable! I have no prior experience with molts but this one does seem very heavy to me. Ill wait and see if this is also the case with my bird.

Grace_F

Very late update on this thread; my conure is totally fine! The bald spot above his cere is a recurring molting quirk, and its nothing dangerous at all. he had funny pin feathers on the front of his face for a while though :hilarious: