• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Balcony update; new visitors

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
For the last few days I have had new visitors... and oddly enough, the doves do not chase them away.

Three days ago, when the doves came in the evening, a little sparrow came along too. I have seen sparrows on my balcony before, once sat on my peach tree, and once I saw one pinch a piece of bread and fly away.
But this time they came onto the balcony floor and was eating alongside the dove, who did not chase the little one away, which is odd because they would chase the blackbirds all over the street whenever they saw them.
For the rest of the day and yesterday morning, whenever the doves came, the sparrow would be here too. Until last night when one of the doves came... along came two sparrows.
Today at noon, there where 3 or 4 sparrows all eating from the hanging feeder, which only has my lovebirds seeds in now, and no grains anymore.
While I have been typing, the sparrows have been coming and going, getting their fill :bliss:

I think when I eventually move out of this place, I will try convince the lady upstairs to hang the feeder... :hmmm:

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
For the last few days I have had new visitors... and oddly enough, the doves do not chase them away.

Three days ago, when the doves came in the evening, a little sparrow came along too. I have seen sparrows on my balcony before, once sat on my peach tree, and once I saw one pinch a piece of bread and fly away.
But this time they came onto the balcony floor and was eating alongside the dove, who did not chase the little one away, which is odd because they would chase the blackbirds all over the street whenever they saw them.
For the rest of the day and yesterday morning, whenever the doves came, the sparrow would be here too. Until last night when one of the doves came... along came two sparrows.
Today at noon, there where 3 or 4 sparrows all eating from the hanging feeder, which only has my lovebirds seeds in now, and no grains anymore.
While I have been typing, the sparrows have been coming and going, getting their fill :bliss:

I think when I eventually move out of this place, I will try convince the lady upstairs to hang the feeder... :hmmm:
Awwww so cute! I would never be able to move out from such a place! I never get any birds on my balcony no matter what I hang there, there aren't any good perching spots for them, and it's too close to our main living area so we probably scare them off :sad3:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
and it's too close to our main living area so we probably scare them off :sad3:
If I am home I am usually sitting in the door way a metre away. My balcony is only a metre deep. Plus the dog usually sleeps at the door.
The doves used to fly away if I walked too close to the door (even when it´s closed), but now I can even step out onto the balcony up to the railing and they usually won´t fly away.

I would never be able to move out from such a place!
Unfortunately for the birds, I hate this flat. Wish I could take them all with me when I move but I won´t be able to :(

Reactions: Ali

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So the sparrows have been coming here religiously since this thread.
And I am here trying to make plans for tonight, and I look... And mummy sparrow was here with her daughter!!! :swoon: :faint:
How cute"!!!!! They flew into the tree here and dad came over to see what was going on :lol:

:popcorn2:

edit; oh my word!! She´s sooooooo fluffy!!!!!! :faint:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Adorable!! :heart: It's so cool see parents and babies begging for food in the wild :mykid:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
And why didn't I get a tag @Zara ? :lol:
:lol: I tagged the people who read my post before I posted the decent video, just incase they didn´t come back so they could see the baby :)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Shezbug So much for me whining about needing a garden... the birds just come to me... and bring their babies :lol: