• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Baking day (what to with dried out nutriberries/ avicakes)

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
It was baking day for Bebe. I had dried out Nutriberries/Avicakes and he will not eat them that way. So here's the recipe that I'm trying. You could most likely do this recipe has birdie muffins too. This is something like what we fed at clinic for the birds
350° for 40minutes
1/2 cup spelt flour
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/2cup mixed flour ( chia, oat & millet)
Rehydrated raisins made into paste (I will explain below)
1/4 cup hazelnut flour
3 chia eggs (1tablespoon chia 1 tablespoon warm water, allow to sit overnight in refrigerator)
3 drops of honey (optional)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Soaked pumpkin seeds ( about 2 tablespoons
Coconut oil
Water ( I started with 1 1/2cups of room temperature water)
Dried Nutriberries and Avi-cakes smashed up into fine pieces
Raisins, I got some monster size raisins in some of Bebe's food. He will throw them overboard and not try them. I had couple of heaping tablespoons worth. I rehydrated with water in snack size baggie. Drained off excess water and ran thru food processor until paste.
Blend all the flours together and hold. In mixing bowl, chia eggs, raisin paste blend until well mixed. Optional honey blend, flour and water divided into 1/3 portions blend well after each third is in bowl. Add baking soda blend and let sit for 20minutes. This gives the flour time to hydrate. All flour IMHO needs time to hydrate well. Add apple cider vinegar and blend again. Fold in about 3/4 to 1cups worth Nutriberries and Avi-cakes. Save some crunchy topping. 9x9in brownie pan well greased with coconut oil. Bake at 350° about 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Cool completely, for littles 1" cube is plenty. It will freeze for a month or two.
20200109_122041.jpg

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Forgot add pumpkin seeds with Nutriberries and Avi-cakes