• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bahama's checkup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
Back from Bahama's check up today. Went very well though poor Bahama was not a happy camper getting poked or having his beak groomed but his beak looks pretty now :dancing: and he will function better with it.

weight - 314 :dance5: the vet was happy he has slimmed down. Said he looks good eyes, ears, throat clear. Labs have been sent off. Waiting to see how those turn out.

Interestingly he said that soy beans can raise the cholsterol levels. I do buy the frozen organic veggie mix at Trader Joe's sometimes that has soy beans (well I didn't know) :o: guess that's out now.

only thing he brought out was an area of thickening on Bahama's right foot. Comes from putting all his weight on that foot and not moving around enought. He recommended aloe on the foot continue to watch it for any redness.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
right on..glad his check up went so well..where's my pic..er our pic...hmmm???

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I'm glad it all went good!

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
So very glad Bahama's vet check went well. Give him lots of extra cuddles and scritches for being so good while being poked and prodded.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Glad it all went well! :)

pineview01

Rollerblading along the road
Glad every thing went well. I'm waiting for the test results on Roxy - the newly adopted Too. I can't wait for the all clear so I can introduce her to the birds.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Shauna Hill,

What kind of Cholesterol was your vet telling you about?

GOOD cholesterol helps maintain healthy wait and will help you lose unnecessary wait. Its the bad stuff you want to worry about.

But I'm glad Bahama has slimmed down. That's always good to here!

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
Thanks everyone! I have been having cellphone issues all day and been running all over cramming errands in the weekend. Been waiting to get on line all day. Gave the birds showers today and put aloe to his feet and leg that I saw looked red think that's where they drew blood from poor Bahama :( I will get a picture of the handsome guy Anne :D

Mercedez, unfortunately it is the bad cholesterol that's elevated he had that when he came to Mickaboo. He's a perch potatoe at times but Chewie is anything but so he has had a good influence on Bahama getting him more active. Will see if his labs have changed for the better.

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
Glad every thing went well. I'm waiting for the test results on Roxy - the newly adopted Too. I can't wait for the all clear so I can introduce her to the birds.
I sure hope Roxy gets a clean bill of health so she can meet the rest of your flock :)

Status
Not open for further replies.