• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bad mood again

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh dear :(

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow. It's crazy to think he has the strength to do that. I'm so sorry that he's getting so fiesty again.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's amazing just how strong they can be. Most wouldn't even think a bird could do that. I have to keep distracting JaKhu, who keeps trying to figure out how to get past the big heavy pad lock on her cage. When out she's often trying to break the door brackets off. UGHH!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's impressive and frightening work there, Burt!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Oh... is that the feeder bowl holder? Shoot, if the bird is a water hound that is always the first part to rust. Really doesn't take much after that. I mean.... we do own macaws. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Jeez :wideyed:

That’s absolutely wild to me. Just insane.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is a shame. I get annoyed when Michael destroys the piece with the main door lock to his cage (three times over the years so far), but that has always been replaceable. Can this be fixed in any way?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Wow :scared5: big beaks scare me

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
That is a shame. I get annoyed when Michael destroys the piece with the main door lock to his cage (three times over the years so far), but that has always been replaceable. Can this be fixed in any way?
I’ve got a handful of spares, it’s not the first time he’s done it.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nothing stops a motivated macaw. They always find a way to do something no matter how many times we tell them no, or change things to stop them. I know I'm not the only one with a cabinet full of extra bowls, washers, screws, cage doors, perches, and just about anything else I might need to replace.

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Yikes! :backout:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Wow! That’s impressive!!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So thankful my family had amazons and not macaws..... if it had been macaws I rescued......

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
That was the response to me putting a food dish in and dodging his attempt to grab me… I think it pissed him off a bit.
Surely that metal isn’t stainless steel. It would take some brute force to break it if it was. Do you know what metal it is? I thought I was impressed with Henry making fast toothpicks out of dense 2x4 wood but Burt has him beat! Henry is pissier during the day when I approach his cage and right after he eats his evening grub treat food when I have his water cup washed and ready to give it back. I give him a small piece of walnut or pecan for trespassing payment ( through the bars)and more later when I change papers…. Pine nuts in the shell to keep him occupied. Dreading the piffoffedneds season for sure.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Surely that metal isn’t stainless steel. It would take some brute force to break it if it was. Do you know what metal it is? I thought I was impressed with Henry making fast toothpicks out of dense 2x4 wood but Burt has him beat! Henry is pissier during the day when I approach his cage and right after he eats his evening grub treat food when I have his water cup washed and ready to give it back. I give him a small piece of walnut or pecan for trespassing payment ( through the bars)and more later when I change papers…. Pine nuts in the shell to keep him occupied. Dreading the piffoffedneds season for sure.
No it is not SS. My guess it is wrought iron under the powder coating.

Edit: I was told the kitchen tap he crushed was an old SS one, lol the plumber was shocked as he had a hard time even denting it with his large pliers.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I wonder if you could find someone that does metal work that could make a match for you with stainless steel. But still… holey crap a beak does that!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I wonder if you could find someone that does metal work that could make a match for you with stainless steel. But still… holey crap a beak does that!
I want him out of that cage anyhow, he has busted a heap of the welds and even totally snapped a bar so there is a pointy wire I have to cover with a wooden board and numerous loose bars not attached to their cross bar.
My dad is actually a welder/metal worker who made my awesome SS t stand but as I really want to move Burt out of that old damaged worn out cage into another I have for him I am not too bothered with the new damage he does.... the more he breaks it the faster I have no choice but to really upset him by moving him into the other cage which he hates.