• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

bad guy at the bird store

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftie

Strolling the yard
Real Name
michelle
This past weekend, I stopped into our local "mom and pop" pet store to look at toys and to get a gift for a friend with a new cat. Anyway, there were a lot of people in there and many were looking walking in the bird section. They have a macaw for sale and a cockatooas well. The birds were pretty loud because of all the people and macaw was really screaming. People were laughing and gawking which didn't help. The 8 year old and I tried to position ourselves near the cage and just stand quietly. I was hoping that we'd at least block other people from coming over and teasing the macaw. Anyway, we were momentarily successful and then we had to move on. Just as we turned away, the macaw screamed again. A guy who was there with his teen age daughter SCREAMED at the bird "Shut ... up, stupid bird. I hate that!" I mean, he screamed way louder than the bird, and an obscenity too, in front of more than a few kids. Then he loudly told his daughter that you have to let the bird "know who is boss". I quietly told him that he was rude and inappropriate and he should leave if a natural behavior bothered him so much. The 8 year old later said that the guy was completely "out of control" but the bird was in control. She's a smart girl--she said that we should ignore the bad bird sceaming and talk nicely to the bird when he is being nice.

You guys have taught us well. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Wow, that's terrible. I would've had to tackle him :D

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
Wow! This was a customer that did that? Did the store employees have anything to say to him? I certainly would have!

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
That is so sweet of your daughter :)

the guy on the other hand I think i would of gotten in his face and yelled exactly the same thing he did Including the "I HATE THAT" then ask him - So how'd you like that? and walk off and complain to the workers and tell them they need to monitor their customers around birds like that to start with. and Swearing in a public place around children is uncalled for

at our locally owned bird store they have a sign that says "all these birds have the potentiality to bite" and hardly ever do they have anything bigger then a tiel.. on a few occasions they had some big parrots, a Cockatoo, Quakers and a sun conure but that is very rare

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
That's one of the major reasons why I would never buy a bird that had spent any time in a shop. Fingers poked at them, obscenites, etc. All good starts on the road to destructive and unwanted behaviours....

leftie

Strolling the yard
Real Name
michelle
The store employees were busy. They came over but too late. The guy was over 6 feet tall and I am not that big. But I have a great teacher's evil eye and he crept away. The guy is a jerk and proved it to everyone there, if anyone had a doubt.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
This past weekend, I stopped into our local "mom and pop" pet store to look at toys and to get a gift for a friend with a new cat. Anyway, there were a lot of people in there and many were looking walking in the bird section. They have a macaw for sale and a cockatooas well. The birds were pretty loud because of all the people and macaw was really screaming. People were laughing and gawking which didn't help. The 8 year old and I tried to position ourselves near the cage and just stand quietly. I was hoping that we'd at least block other people from coming over and teasing the macaw. Anyway, we were momentarily successful and then we had to move on. Just as we turned away, the macaw screamed again. A guy who was there with his teen age daughter SCREAMED at the bird "Shut the heck* up, stupid bird. I hate that!" I mean, he screamed way louder than the bird, and an obscenity too, in front of more than a few kids. Then he loudly told his daughter that you have to let the bird "know who is boss". I quietly told him that he was rude and inappropriate and he should leave if a natural behavior bothered him so much. The 8 year old later said that the guy was completely "out of control" but the bird was in control. She's a smart girl--she said that we should ignore the bad bird sceaming and talk nicely to the bird when he is being nice.

You guys have taught us well. :D
How frustrating. Good for you for saying something to him.

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Poor bird!! I would have mouthed back to the man and told him where to go!

hsmoscout

:omg:
Your 8 year old is much smarter than that man...and most other people I know :hehe:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
he was no doubt showing off for his kid - Some ppl are like that ... have stones in their head instead of a brain!

but ya I'm used to ppl that tall. - the bigger they are the harder they fall LMAO

trout

Real Name
Bobby
I would have told him I'd support the bird taking out his eye.

Then let him know if he ever used profanity in front of children again he'd have more to worry about than a noisy bird.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
:( That guy needed to be thumped in the nose!

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
The children I see at the pet stores banging on the windows at the birds are the ones who grow up to be like this man :( Everytime I see a child thump on the bird windows, I tell them to knock it off!

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
That makes me so sad. People like that should never have animals or children in my opinion. If you can not respect one innocent creature you can not be trusted with the rest.

Seriously, you need a license to fish but any idiot can breed.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
pure unadulterated garbage of a person. lower than low...

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That guy is an ahole. Had he done that with Tony or me there he would have gotten told a little something. That is how birds communicate whether it be good or a bad habit. I really think this guy was the real idiot in this situation, NOT THE BIRD.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
That macaw should have taken a chunk out of his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.