• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bad bad birdy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Set

Walking the driveway
I want to start by saying that I did break quarantine early. I just couldn't keep a close enough eye on Cadaver's eating and weight in the living room. I know the dangers of breaking quarantine.

He also did go to the vet and got a clean bill of health.

Now the problem. Caddy is a lovely bird. He's so cuddly and calls for me when I'm gone. He has such a sweet little voice. And he's so active.

But I've noticed some less than appropriate behavior from him. Such as stealing food while I'm eating. I don't mind dodging beaks - I dodge paws all the time - but he actually shoved his head into my mouth mid bite! Is there anything I can do short if caging him while I eat to discourage this behavior?

The other more painful behavior is trying to pull my earrings out of my ears. Big ouch. I've been redirecting him to something he's allowed to play with but he's just so into those earrings. I assume because they're shiny (they're simple fake diamond studs). Anything I can do?

Thanks guys. And I'll be posting pictures come Friday when my computer is finally up and running.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
well, do try to discourage t he diving into your mouth while you are e ating..as your mouth has a lot of unsavory bacteria..maybe try making your meal..but make extra and keep it out for him so then when you eat, you can share it...as for the trying to pull the earrings out of your ears..that is going to continue...maybe you can remove the earrings before you have him out...or get him a nice s hiny toy to have around

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Don't have your bird on your shoulder or on you when your eating :)

Status
Not open for further replies.