• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Backyard/Wild Bird Photos

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
While we were eating, six European Starlings flew up to the porch and ate before flying away. It was my first time seeing starlings and I managed to snap a photo before the last two left! I also saw a very fluffy robin that reminded me of my baby :hilarious: Luckily the birds weren’t very camera shy there.
ADFC3D9E-2884-4655-8FFF-C6934E431B9E.jpeg
83A89F5F-ACD9-4766-A262-226B3641A9C1.jpeg

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
I was sitting at my island when I heard a great noise, and the millions of birds at my feeders parted! And in came two crows....oh boy, they struggled to stay on and eat at one feeder, but had no trouble popping in at the other!
Another wing swoop later, I craned my neck up and saw a northern flicker landed in our forest trees! I about freaked because nothing that big cage to our trees! I wish I would’ve gotten photos.. if I don’t find any I will add Google photos of them.
2DD45D39-68DC-4B24-9406-0CE542EAC51C.jpeg
Size comparison google photo
0E69CD4D-44C9-4BEC-B299-5217DA757B3D.jpeg
I swear, there were about 20 birds before the crows came in and bossed them off the feeders! House finches, song sparrows, white breasted nuthatches, the list goes on!

Here’s a photo of my life list on Merlin :D
image.jpg
image.jpg

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think Northern Flickers are just so pretty! I see them when I visit the family farm in Illinois.