• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bach Flower Essences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kara

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Kara
I've seen many bird clients with good luck for pluckers, stressed parrots, or agressive parrots with Bach flower essences:

Eclectus Kitchen Physician Holistic Treatments For Parrots
Info at the bottom of the page!

TREATING ANIMALS WITH Bach Flower Essences®
Info involving other animals

Bird Crisis - using flower essences
I can't say I believe the story in this one, but there is good info about the different essences.

I have used the rescue remedy with my Grey and she's doing great. I'm not usually into holistic remedies, but I thought this may be worth a try as our bird clients use it and highly recommend it. Their birds look wonderful. Typically, people apply it topically or put a few drops in their birds water (not too much so your bird will taste it and not drink!)

:) Anyone with experience with these on Avian Avenue? :)

Kara

Real Name
Kara
Oh also, I've found it only at Hannafords, Trader Joes, and Whole foods.

Cory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cory
I haven't had any experiences with it but I have thought about trying it with some of my birds so I will be keeping my eye on this thread!

I'm also going to do some research on it today and speak to my avian vets about it tomorrow. :)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
There are many good flower essences out there. I use flower essences with my birds on a regular basis. You have to understand what flower essences are and how they work to utilize them correctly. I personally use Ana Flora Flower Essences
Anaflora Flower Essences for Animals & Animal Communication and also essences from Shining Spirits Shining Spirits - vibrational healing for animals and people
You have to know what your birds underlying issues are to administer the correct essence. I have had custom essences made with great success with my birds. Also birds need a special dilution of essences because of their delicate systems. Drops should not go directly in their water but rather making a separate solution with a few drops of the essence added to water and that diluted essence added to their water. Susan at Shining Spirits has worked with essences for several years. I would highly recommend her.

Kara

Real Name
Kara
Thanks for the information from those who have used it a lot longer! :)

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
There are many good flower essences out there. I use flower essences with my birds on a regular basis. You have to understand what flower essences are and how they work to utilize them correctly. I personally use Ana Flora Flower Essences
Anaflora Flower Essences for Animals & Animal Communication and also essences from Shining Spirits Shining Spirits - vibrational healing for animals and people
You have to know what your birds underlying issues are to administer the correct essence. I have had custom essences made with great success with my birds. Also birds need a special dilution of essences because of their delicate systems. Drops should not go directly in their water but rather making a separate solution with a few drops of the essence added to water and that diluted essence added to their water. Susan at Shining Spirits has worked with essences for several years. I would highly recommend her.

I came across this and I have to agree they work great. I bought long ago a whole set of the flowers in a wooden case and I replace when one is finished. I use them on my dogs also:) There are good books on them on amazon books selection :hug8:

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
I had a foster M2 that was a plucker. I also had a high anxiety, plucking SC2 foster. I used Bach's Rescue Remedy and it helped both of them. Heck, I used it on myself and noticed that it helped me! :)

idrial

Meeting neighbors
I am very interested in this but I am anxious that perhaps I might end up allergic to something. I have a wide range of allergies and not all of them are known.

Maybe I should contact Susan and get her opinion?

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I've seen many bird clients with good luck for pluckers, stressed parrots, or agressive parrots with Bach flower essences:

Eclectus Kitchen Physician Holistic Treatments For Parrots
Info at the bottom of the page!

TREATING ANIMALS WITH Bach Flower Essences®
Info involving other animals

Bird Crisis - using flower essences
I can't say I believe the story in this one, but there is good info about the different essences.

I have used the rescue remedy with my Grey and she's doing great. I'm not usually into holistic remedies, but I thought this may be worth a try as our bird clients use it and highly recommend it. Their birds look wonderful. Typically, people apply it topically or put a few drops in their birds water (not too much so your bird will taste it and not drink!)

:) Anyone with experience with these on Avian Avenue? :)
I have used it with dogs and used it myself and I do think it was helpful. I have not used it with my birds, in fact, it never occurred to me that it could be used with birds. Can't wait to hear how people like it.

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
When I was in NM in natural therapeutics school, and we studied flower essences, the instructor told us on multiple occasions he had used them directly into a bird's beak when he found it lying outside of his sliding glass door. Apparently the birds had flown into the glass door. He said it helped them.

Status
Not open for further replies.