• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Yoshi wants to fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
They'll grow out though, given time. You can still do fun flapping games though to keep Yoshi in shape until then!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I hate it when breeders clip their wings. They should always give the baby's new home, a chance to say "Hey I dont want wings clipped" or " yes please clip his wings". When I get any baby bird from a breeder (if I ever do) I'd make sure they do not clip. That is top priority to me. And then making sure I get them young neough to abundance wean and get them into recall training shape and conditioning(which is easier to do with a baby parrot than an adult, and easier to do if they are flighted).

I liekd what someone said. Just keep practicing wing flappings and excersizes:hug8:

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Yoshi is adorable! I always hate the wing clippings they give these birds. They always end up cutting to much off so they fall like a brick. Once my birds flights grow out they stay. :)

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
And thats what he does he drops like a ton of bricks. All of my birds are flighted. If they come to me clipped I let them molt out.
I believe especially with a baby that clipping their wings can have a devastating effect on their self confidence.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Baby Yoshi is beautiful and looks like he's going to really enjoy flying when those wings grow in.

Status
Not open for further replies.