• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby White Face.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Looks just like my girl Lapis. Beautiful.
Did they DNA test her?
If you're asking about partners to breed, then it depends on what you're looking for. If you aren't going to breed then letting her have her pick of mates will give the you the best chance for a nice bonded pair.

SKC4

Strolling the yard
Looks just like my girl Lapis. Beautiful.
Did they DNA test her?
If you're asking about partners to breed, then it depends on what you're looking for. If you aren't going to breed then letting her have her pick of mates will give the you the best chance for a nice bonded pair.
Yes, DNA tested female. I would later pull a better pictures of her so you can see her colors.

I would definitely like to have more chicks like her. Not sure if a Male Creamino will do the trick. The creamino needs to be white face too or even with the brown/orange forehead will work… I try to get online info but always fail. Lol

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
If I´m not mistaken, this will result in all the female offspring being Ino (@expressmailtome ?). As for the male offspring, I´m not sure..
I think you should have a play around with the genetics calculator before deciding on a pairing;
can you just decide a pair or do you have to wait for them to bond or do you just put a breeding box in cage male female and they will mate just curious

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
can you just decide a pair or do you have to wait for them to bond or do you just put a breeding box in cage male female and they will mate just curious
Well kind of.
We choose who we introduce the bird to, so we get first say in the pair. After that, we have to hope they hit it off - not all birds are compatible. It might be that the newbie needs to be moved elsewhere and a new potential mate introduced, again, we get to pick that mate.
The breeding box is to be placed after the birds are bonded to lessen the chance of dangerous fights.
There will always be a degree of choice that our birds have, we can´t force them to bond or mate.

For someone who wants a colony setup and doesn´t want to breed, they would just introduce a roughly even number of male to female lovebirds in a large aviary and allow them to mingle and choose their own partners.
Or in a home scenario, it´s the good old, bringing home a second bird to be a buddy to the first, again, they aren´t always compatible as mates, as is the case for my birds. My first two birds were somewhat friends, but not bonded. I had a pallid male, I sent my partner out to bring home a wild type male, but instead he returned with my Jaime, Turquoise :shrug:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Well kind of.
We choose who we introduce the bird to, so we get first say in the pair. After that, we have to hope they hit it off - not all birds are compatible. It might be that the newbie needs to be moved elsewhere and a new potential mate introduced, again, we get to pick that mate.
The breeding box is to be placed after the birds are bonded to lessen the chance of dangerous fights.
There will always be a degree of choice that our birds have, we can´t force them to bond or mate.

For someone who wants a colony setup and doesn´t want to breed, they would just introduce a roughly even number of male to female lovebirds in a large aviary and allow them to mingle and choose their own partners.
Or in a home scenario, it´s the good old, bringing home a second bird to be a buddy to the first, again, they aren´t always compatible as mates, as is the case for my birds. My first two birds were somewhat friends, but not bonded. I had a pallid male, I sent my partner out to bring home a wild type male, but instead he returned with my Jaime, Turquoise :shrug:
Thank you I don’t think any of my 3 are bonded

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You never know, a bond might form in the future. Some birds bond instantly, others can take time.
Aldora and Jaime literally hit it off from the moment they met (I´ve waffled on before about how I think they were destined to be together) whereas my Adélie was trying to get Sydneys attention once she fledged, but he took a good 6 months to be convinced. I took my time housing them together too, I didn´t want to rush them and then they fight, they are both very, very special to me.

SKC4

Strolling the yard

SKC4

Strolling the yard
@Zara
Can you send a screen shoot of how to input a male Creamino with the female white face blue SF violet on the Calculator.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Sharing WT peach faced. breeder wrote it down with violet factor. Not sure if it is accurate. Is a Female what is the best future partner for her ?
She’s very cute! :awww:

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Oh goodness, I remember when my babies were that young! Was looking at pictures of my runt Eva and was in awe how fast they grow up. Beautiful birds! I always get a little sad because it’s not recommended to cuddle as they get older, mine are at that stage, but when they were babies, they used to live under the blankets and lots of snuggles. I can’t complain though, they are still very affectionate