• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby turkey

Phocyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
I need a reminder course discussion. Do you have to teach baby turkeys to eat and drink or can they do it on their own? I’ve got a baby bantam but it’s much older. I can purchase age equivalent birds if I must. I don’t want to and I’m actively looking for a home for the baby turkey. I know their flock animals and working with that as a base.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Phocyn

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
I’ve worked out a possible solution. Forest and Lucky have bonded and seem to be getting along. It’s not a forever condition and I’ll have to break the pair when Forest is more mature. We’re waiting to see if their are gonna be more turkeys.

Phocyn

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
I need some more help. I had three baby turkeys hatch very recently and I had asked someone to collect the eggs while recovering from Covid but here we are. Two of the chicks passed away despite the care I took with them. I’ve since moved the last chick to a new cage, new bedding, and a medicated feed. I didn’t use the medicated feed before nor was I hand feeding. I’ve also reduced the size of my brooder lamp to one I reserved for my lovebirds when they were tiny chicks.

what can I do to keep this little molly blu wobbles alive? I can and will hand raise her but I’m terrified she’ll die too. I can’t think of anything else I need to do. Also I’m providing diced up greens just to make sure she is eating. I’ve dusted those with her feed. And she’s only getting bottled water.