• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Baby Quail hatching in my hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
We have 5 baby quails and the rest of the eggs were ignored and cold as mums are looking after babies so I went to collect the abandoned ones, took them out saw one had pipped and its beak out but presumed it dead til I saw it breathe, then picked it up and its in my hand warm again and peeping loudly. Ive picked a bit of egg so it can breathe. What do I do now, Im worrierd if I put it back it wil die? Help?

Lovebird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kathy
Can you make a warm bed for it and feed it drops of liquid with an eyedropper? Can you get close enough to the mother's to put it back with them? I hope someone has an answer for you quickly...

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Wow. My friend had this happen with a tiel and she placed it in an icubator and made sure to keep the moisture up. Wish I know more than that. I guess just keep warm and a moist paper towel near

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Its still in the egg, the mothers arent sitting anymore, I dont even know if they will notice the peeping

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Maybe go into the bath room, close the door, & run the shower & sink on hot to get warm humidity? Don't know...just guessing. Hope the little fellow makes it! Read a book once about someone who brought in an abandoned egg once, put it on the sink under a lamp & it hatched. The book was called That Quail Robert. Delightful book!

Status
Not open for further replies.