• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micki

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Micki
They are sooooooooooooooooo cute! :heart: How can you stand it?

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
What does the B stand for in WFB aussie?
Blue, its short for White faced blue! And it is soo hard resisting to cuddle with them. I can't really have them out too much or they will get too cold. I'm hoping by the weekend they will be feathered up enough for proper cuddles!!

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
Hiya Bookworm! I see you have added two to the flock since I seen ya last time!! Theyre gorgeous!!

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
Blue, its short for White faced blue! And it is soo hard resisting to cuddle with them. I can't really have them out too much or they will get too cold. I'm hoping by the weekend they will be feathered up enough for proper cuddles!!
Sorry if I'm being a pest. Do you say Whiteface Blue AC instead of Whiteface AC Violet or are those two different mutations?

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
Those are good questions JML cuz i was wondering the same things. I'm trying to learn lovie mutations myself and all these abbreviations and different wordings for mutations have got my head confuddled.
I am in awe of that bright yellow with purple bum!! What dis you call him? White face Australian cinnamon violet?
There just aren't these mutations available locally. I JUST found a lady with a trio of whiteface Dutch blues but I can't afford the little bub right now plus I want a female. And this was an accidental breeding as well. I did email her and told her if her pair have more eggs that I'd be interested I one.

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
wfb & wf are the same thing, just depends on who is writing it. There are 3 blue series base colors, seagreen, ducthblue or DB, & white faced blue, also called wf & wfb. And there is no such thing as a wf dutch blue. The bird has to be one or the other. And I don't mind talking genetics at all, I love genetics!!

And yes, that yellow birdie with the purple tail is an Australian cinnamon single factor violet. Single factor because she only has 1 violet gene, it's possible to have dfv or double factor violets also.

Any other questions feel free to post here or shoot me a PM, I dont mind one bit!!

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
Thanks again, I shall try to snap a few new ones tomorrow. Life has been hectic lately. My boyfriend's dad has been in the hospital with heart problems..

Heather

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heather
Aww Stephanie I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better soon! I'll say a prayer~

Status
Not open for further replies.