• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Mouse Bird Help

JamesFrier

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
James
Hello everyone. I am from Pretoria RSA. I found this little mousebird in the road on my way home last week. I brought him home and immediately gave him water. He was so thirsty from the heat. We believe it to be a Speckled type. I have also attached an image of the food I am currenlty using to feed him. Syringes containg. Banana. Pumpkin. Berries/honey Mix. Apple flavoured baby formula. And also water. I swop between the Syringes everytime he eats. So that he gets in all the food I have in the mix. We do keep a covered warm water sack in his cage at all times and I am aware of the pooping. He is currently at 30grams...to the previous days that was 28grams and 26grams when I started weighing. I have gained alot of information from previous posts on this forum. But what i would like to ask is if anyone knows how long it takes for him to start eating by himself and taking care of himself? Any other tips or advice would be appreciated?

20211025_190015.jpg 20211025_190213.jpg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
He looks absolutely precious. :heart: Thank you for helping him!

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
I can’t be helpful, but little birb is adorable:heart2: :welcomesign: