• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Baby Lovebird Help Blind in one eye

SarahBear

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Sarah Noel
  1. This is Fiona. She was given to me by a friend who didn’t know how to care for her. I have a 3 month old lovebird named Pickles I hand fed from 2 weeks old also from this friend. I didn’t want a second lovebird but the mom stopped feeding this baby and the sibling 2days ago. You could see the bones on both. Sadly the other baby (Nibbles) who wouldn’t eat and was very wobbly died through the night. This baby eats very well one of her eyes looks to be blind and her wings are curled in and the feathers don’t seam to be growing properly. Her head looks kinda small in my opinion as well but I’m no expert. I was told she’s 2 months old but that can not be correct. Can anyone help answer please ahead some light on some of my concerns? Why wouldn’t feathers grow in correct? Why are her wings curled? Does her head looksmall to anyone else? Does she seam kinda bald to anyone else? What about blindness in one eye? So many questions. Thanks guys.

5. upload_2019-8-6_3-12-55.jpeg
6. upload_2019-8-6_3-14-32.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It could be a number of things, malnutrition, underlying illness or the parents were picking at the chicks feathers. The malnutrition could stem from the parents not being on a healthy diet, therefore not passing on enough nutrients to the chicks.
It´s worth investing in a good quality formula for the baby, being sure to feet it at the right temp, keep the baby warm in a brooder.

A vet visit should not be delayed. Especially to see what is going on with the eye but also to check for any illnesses. Fiona may not be blind, it could be a sort of infection - you really need a vet to have a look at it,

It might be worth inviting Fionas prev. owner to the forum or to teach her about dummy eggs etc.

Please update us once you have visited the vet ❤