• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby IRN Crop

Nighthawk0123

Strolling the yard
Hi all,

Just got my baby yesterday. He doesn't seem utterly responsive to hand feeding just yet but that may well just be because it's a new environment - I've had this happen with my other babies before too. He seems to start feeding from the syringe himself and stop himself too which is not a bad sign but from what I can see from his crop size,, it doesn't seem as it's full after he's done. I've attached a picture of his crop after eating and just want suggestions as to if he's eating enough or whether it's necessary for him to eat more? Cheers.

Nighthawk0123

Strolling the yard
Hi all,

Just got my baby yesterday. He doesn't seem utterly responsive to hand feeding just yet but that may well just be because it's a new environment which is ok - I've had this happen with my other babies before too. He seems to start feeding from the syringe himself and stop himself too which is not a bad sign but from what I can see from his crop size,, it doesn't seem as it's full after he's done. I've attached a picture of his crop after eating and just want suggestions as to if he's eating enough or whether it's necessary for him to eat more? Probably just me being overly cautious with him the first few days but a second opinion is never bad. Cheers.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Nighthawk0123

Strolling the yard
Update: Turns out I was actually being overly paranoid He just needed a bit of time to adjust and is eating great now :)