• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Green Cheeks

Fulmer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lori
I have two 4 weeks old Green Cheek Conures that have parents that are dark and have normal colors. One of the babies looks like the parents and the other doesn’t. He is so light in color. Does that happen?

Attachments

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
You’re lighter one looks like a pineapple mutation! I’m guessing one (or both) of the parents were split? I’m not sure how all the genetics work.

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
I have two 4 weeks old Green Cheek Conures that have parents that are dark and have normal colors. One of the babies looks like the parents and the other doesn’t. He is so light in color. Does that happen?
Have you asked the parents if everything is ok with their marriage? :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist! Very cute, "assorted-color" babies! :heart:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Yes it does. What is the history on your parents?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Can you share pictures of the parents?

One chick is a yellowsided, the other is cinnamon. The cinnamon, at least, is a female based on information given. The yellowsided *might* be female too, but would need more info.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Can you share pictures of the parents?

One chick is a yellowsided, the other is cinnamon. The cinnamon, at least, is a female based on information given. The yellowsided *might* be female too, but would need more info.
This photo was in their first post on page two... can't see too much but looks like both parents could be yellowsided?

Baby GCC’s

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Forgot about those pictures!

Well, they appear to be normal... so both chicks might be females, one with yellowside mutation, the other with cinnamon... meaning male is split for cinnamon and yellowsided. More photos of parents would help, of course!

Male is at least a normal? So if one is yellowsided, probably the hen? In which case, the yellowsided chick could be male?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Forgot about those pictures!

Well, they appear to be normal... so both chicks might be females, one with yellowside mutation, the other with cinnamon... meaning male is split for cinnamon and yellowsided. More photos of parents would help, of course!

Male is at least a normal? So if one is yellowsided, probably the hen? In which case, the yellowsided chick could be male?
There's a photo of the hen in the nest with two young babies but you can only see the top of her so it's hard to tell.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
That's alright! :)

Looks like both parents are indeed normal as I originally thought! And dad is split cinnamon and yellowsided! And both babies appear to be yellowsided (didn't see it in first pictures!) with one cinnamon as well, so two girls!