• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby green cheek with badly splayed legs

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So cute :D

neeko143

Moving in
Real Name
Jess
View attachment 407213 View attachment 407214 Your baby is adorable. I can see his personality shining through. You’re doing great with your dedicated efforts to rehabilitate his legs.
This is Bella. I’ll update after the surgery on Monday. She’s scheduled to stay overnight which feels strange since I’m so hands on with her. She still does not eat independently and she really likes to nap on me. As much as I love doing these things for her, I’m hopeful that she will gain some independence once she can walk as that seems like it would best for her well being and happiness. View attachment 407213 View attachment 407214
Wow he’s beautiful! I hope everything works out for him

neeko143

Moving in
Real Name
Jess
Would anyone have Andy advice on getting his hocks to go the right direction? I can move them and I stretch them every hour but he won’t stand on his own because his little brain can’t figure out that they have to bend the other way. Has anyone seen a splint for something like this or just keep training his muscle memory

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
How did it go?
Im so sorry—i posted another thread about this. Baby Bella passed away two days before her surgery; she had sustained too many injuries as a fledgling and her heart stopped as I pulled into the avian vet parking lot last Tuesday.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Updates. Just putting these up in case someone ever finds this thread in the future and needs help too. He’s learning to stand on his own already.
You are really doing a FANTASTIC job. I admire your steadfast approach and commitment.

neeko143

Moving in
Real Name
Jess
Im so sorry—i posted another thread about this. Baby Bella passed away two days before her surgery; she had sustained too many injuries as a fledgling and her heart stopped as I pulled into the avian vet parking lot last Tuesday.
Oh my god I’m so sorry for your loss. At least she had love and good care in her time with you. That’s so sad :(