• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Baby goats

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Awww they’re adorable!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Any particular breed? I love the babies, they’re so adorable!
Yeah I’m not sure what sort she has now. I think she has a few different breeds though as she sells them for meat, breeding, dairy and something else which I can’t remember now- I haven’t been to her farm in quite a few years but last time I was there she tried to send me home with some kids lol.

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Yeah I’m not sure what sort she has now. I think she has a few different breeds though as she sells them for meat, breeding, dairy and something else which I can’t remember now- I haven’t been to her farm in quite a few years but last time I was there she tried to send me home with some kids lol.
How did you refuse?!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
How did you refuse?!
Hahaha… Very very easily! I do really really insane things usually only the once :rofl:

At the time she offered (tried to force them on me lol) I had finally managed maybe a week before to rehome two hand reared lambs which the whole town had bets on for the time frame of their survival once they discovered I was taking them. They were nearly dead (abandoned newborns one of which had a crow pecked missing eye and a few other injuries) when I was called and asked if I wanted them for my dogs to eat as they’d certainly be dead before the day ended. I said yes I wanted them and to bring them ASAP not wait till the afternoon or to tell me where to go pick them up from.
My daughter had wanted to feed baby lambs after hearing that sometimes they need handrearing so I figured it was a perfect opportunity to do that or to learn more about the circle of life if they didn’t survive. I warned her before she saw them that they may not survive so not to get attached.
They survived and thrived and my daughter was brilliant with them, she committed to doing every night time feed (she even fell asleep more than once outside in the freezing cold feeding them) I rehomed them when they started trying to break through the doors and windows to get in to me or my daughter. Knowing goats are heaps better than sheep at jumping and climbing and will eat absolutely anything I politely told my aunt she was crazy thinking I wanted them:laugh:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Love goats of all sizes. Used to have a baby male who grey up to be a big boy. Have a photo in an album.
My goat’s a mini, but I love Boer goats because they’re so chunky :roflmao:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
No, but I will say I’ve never met a pet pig.
Ahhh yeah well there is a big difference between pets and pigs farmed for food. They’re often much larger than people expect lol

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Ahhh yeah well there is a big difference between pets and pigs farmed for food. They’re often much larger than people expect lol
We had medium sized ones, they weren’t the HUGE ones but not the tiny ones. I want to say I don’t like them because they’re extremely stubborn, but goats are the same...as are birds... Yeah, I don’t think that’s the reason o_O

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I read some fiction where the bad guy would toss his victims into the pig pen and in two days not a trace left :eek:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I read some fiction where the bad guy would toss his victims into the pig pen and in two days not a trace left :eek:
Lol. I think you’ll find that there’s some non fiction stories that have the same story line :sick:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwwwwww. They are so cute. I especially like the black and white one with the pink nose. He/she looks a bit cheeky.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Warning the following info may be disturbing

Weird, yes. But not at all uncommon. It’s a fact: Pigs eat people.

In 2019, a Russian woman fell into an epileptic emergency while feeding her hogs. She was eaten alive, and her remains were found in the pen.

In 2015, a Romanian farmer died of blood loss after being attacked by his hogs. And a year prior, a 2-year-old toddler from China was eaten when he wandered into a hog enclosure.

In 2013, a mob boss was still alive when he was fed to hogs by a rival family. In fact, it’s been whispered for years that the Mafia uses hogs to help them dispose of bodies.