• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Cuddles

lisazartsi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lisa
Piña (our pineapple GCC) is now about 14 weeks old and her personality is really coming out. She loves being the center of attention. She plays very well in her cage with her toys and does this adorable cheep when she finds one of the little treats I've hidden in her foraging toys. We have her out of the cage for 15-20 minute periods at a time, mostly working on step-up training and trying to get her to fly short distances to our hands from her perch (unfortunately her wings were clipped so she lacks confidence in this). After a bath, we cuddle her in a towel and give her scritches and she loves it. So far, she's a happy little birdy (who only gets grumpy if she's out of the cage training at night-time before bed.

I'm wondering if we should have her out of the cage more often? We try to give her activities each time she's out because I'm worried if we cuddle her too much that she'll start considering us as mates and I don't want to confuse her, but I also don't want to be neglectful by not having her out as often as we should.

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
How big is your cage?