• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby conure won’t be quiet

Ray4468

Moving in
Real Name
Ray
Hey so I have a baby conure who is about 6 weeks old and it won’t stop doing those little chirps (like when it wants food) even after its crop is full. When ever I hold it, it does those little screams, when ever I leave it alone, it does those little screams. I have no idea what to do or how to suppress the noise ignoring it doesnt seem to work and giving it attention makes it worse so I’m kinda stuck on ideas.

Anna&Aruan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna Beatriz
I've never had a baby conure but i did have a baby tiel and lemme tell ya these guys are noisy! he would do the baby-dinossaur cry even while he was eating (and even tho he stopped crying for food he kept crying while eating breakfast till he was 2months)
For what i've seen in some cockatiel foruns, its normal as it takes a lil while for the food to get from the crop to his stomach (or at least its what i've read) so they need a litle of time to reconize that they're full

Damn... my baby is now a juvenille but i still miss him as that lil baby when he came to me, i definetly dont miss the crying tho :lol:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hi Ray,
What are you feeding him? What temp? How often? What does he weigh?
Are you returning him to the brooder after food?

Ray4468

Moving in
Real Name
Ray
Hi Ray,
What are you feeding him? What temp? How often? What does he weigh?
Are you returning him to the brooder after food?
I’m feeding him kaytee exact hand feeding formula, temp ranges between 100-115, idk the weight, and yes I return him to the brooder after food.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
temp ranges between 100-115
Temp should be consistent and 104-105. If the temp is all over the place, the baby may not want to eat, or it´s too hot and he doesn´t want to eat because it hurts. 115F can burn a birds crop.

What does he weigh? And how much food do you give?

Reactions: tka