• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby comes home

Roxhum

Walking the driveway
342A7244-20AD-4EA5-A3D4-67EC30DB842C.jpeg I got my new baby this weekend.
So the story goes that I went into a pet shop and they were hand feeding a bunch of baby parakeets. I picked out a couple that I wanted. Not both but one of. I visit every weekend and decide to get two instead of one so I purchase an older youngster because I wanted a for sure boy and he was so pretty and I was getting impatient waiting to get baby.
Last week I brought home the blue boy that I think I will name Matty or Matey.
He has had a difficult week, being all alone. Then I changed his cage because I wanted the smaller cage for the little baby and put him in a larger cage. Bad news he flew out of the cage. Poor little bird was very inexperienced and would bump into things. Clearly he was upset. Good news, although he isn’t finger trained he did, eventually, step onto my open hand and allowed me to put him back in the cage.
Okay that isn’t the new baby.

Last edited:

Roxhum

Walking the driveway
This is the new baby. Oh my I have never had such a young hand fed DE4F5611-F3AF-4286-8EFC-80ABA9EC6575.jpeg baby before. He is so tame. He is getting up on my finger the very first day. I think he will be named Ozzie. Or Ollie, but I think Ozzie, slang for Australian. They will live in separate cages until they both are tame and hopefully bonded to me. Now I wish I had waited and got two hand fed babies. But then I think this will be a good test to see if a year from now being hand fed made any difference.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
They are both so cute. I went to the pet shop today to have a look for food and toys......I nearly left with a budgie, lol.

Roxhum

Walking the driveway
Ahh, self decipline. This pet shop also has 3 GCC babies begging to he handled. My Pampa is such a wanna be on ya interactive bird that I couldn’t do him justice if I got a GCC baby. However I was oh so close. I was playing with the conure and considering getting it enstead when the little devil bit me. I gave him a kiss on the side of his head, thanked him, and put back in his cage.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
They are both so cute. I went to the pet shop today to have a look for food and toys......I nearly left with a budgie, lol.
Oh I KNOWWWWW!!!!

@Roxhum - Ozzie / Olly is gorgeous! I am dying for a hand fed one, I need to STOP...!!! :rofl: