• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures baby cockatiel nostrils looking red

acidpixie

Checking out the neighborhood
hi, I just got a 3 month old cockatiel a few weeks ago. I'm wondering if its normal for its nostrils to be so red? I'm really worried as I've never seen this happen to my other cockatiel (1y/o)
the bird is very active still, not sneezing, and is displaying average healthy behaviour. I only noticed it today though.
any ideas?

thank you
20210127_165744.jpg

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
hi, I just got a 3 month old cockatiel a few weeks ago. I'm wondering if its normal for its nostrils to be so red? I'm really worried as I've never seen this happen to my other cockatiel (1y/o)
the bird is very active still, not sneezing, and is displaying average healthy behaviour. I only noticed it today though.
any ideas?

thank you
View attachment 371292
In the pic they look fine to me! What is your other cockatiel's colouration?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Are they always so red, or do they get red only sometimes. They look good to me, but more red than most tiels. It could be a mutation thing, but idk. One of my birds used to get red nares when she got excited, but oddly that hasn’t happened in years.

CosmoKram

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Maggie
Hi!
I wouldn't be alarmed. When I got my cockatiel I over analysed everthing! Also there not that red.

acidpixie

Checking out the neighborhood
thank you so much, I was worried I was over analysing it :lol:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
If it's a color change- sometimes nares turn red if the air is too dry. I don't know if it's winter where you are and you're running your furnace, etc. If so, you can try a humidifier/vaporizer. I use one like you would put in a baby's room. However, if they've always been like that, it's probably just his normal color like others have said.