• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BABY BUNNY WITH NO HOME. HELP.

Goffinsmamma

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Madison
Today my cousin was at work (construction) and unearthed a bunny nest. Only one survived and I have it now. It doesnt even have its eyes open yet and I'm sure it's going to die. Is there any way I can save it? Please help.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I think @Mizzely has rabbits, maybe she can help with some info?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't have bunnies, but I do know that baby bunnies have VERY little chance of surviving away from the mother, especially at that age. Is there a wildlife rehabilitator you can contact? Call your vet and see if they can give you numbers for local people. What area are you in? We can try to get stuff for you.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh sorry, I was sure it was you that had bunnies.

Goffinsmamma

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Madison
I don't have bunnies, but I do know that baby bunnies have VERY little chance of surviving away from the mother, especially at that age. Is there a wildlife rehabilitator you can contact? Call your vet and see if they can give you numbers for local people. What area are you in? We can try to get stuff for you.
I live in a very rural pa farm town. No wildlife rehabilitators that we know of but might call our local vet as hes taken in various unconventional animals in the past. Hoping for the best. Anything I should do for the time being?

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Poor baby bunny.... I hope he ended up okay. Thank you for taking him and taking care of him for the time you had him. :hug8:

Goffinsmamma

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Madison
A family member ended up taking it. I believe he took it to a local vet. Not sure if it did okay after all that or not.
UPDATE: I got to talk to the family member today, he said he kept it for a week and was bottle feeding twice a day - he got pretty attached!! Funny because hes kind of a "macho man" that got all soft over a baby bunny :shy::hehe: It went with a vet after that.

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
he said he kept it for a week and was bottle feeding twice a day - he got pretty attached!! Funny because hes kind of a "macho man" that got all soft over a baby bunny :shy::hehe:

That's so sweet! I bet it was hard not to get attached to a little baby bunny. :) Hopefully the little one got even better after he got to a vet. Thanks for the update!