• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Budgies - Last clutch of the year

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Growing well. Thanks for showing us. Do you know any EB breeders in U.S.?

Thanks!
I only know of Lindsay, from Cute Little Birdies aviary, but I think she's been taking a break for quite a while, as I haven't seen her around on any forums or keeping her website up to date. The only other breeders I know are here in Ontario.

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
The last one - the violet golden face, fallow - really has a lot of yellow! Is that because of the fallow? Age? Maybe I'm just not that good at looking closely... They're all beautiful - I'm not sure which one I'd pick, if I had to choose...

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
The last one - the violet golden face, fallow - really has a lot of yellow! Is that because of the fallow? Age? Maybe I'm just not that good at looking closely... They're all beautiful - I'm not sure which one I'd pick, if I had to choose...

The yellow is from the Goldenface gene alone. If that was not there, then he/she would look exactly like chick #1

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
Is yellow face different? I'm thinking of budgies who are in the blues, with a yellow face, but not much suffusion in their other feathers. Keep posting as she feathers out more - I want to keep seeing her!! Well - all of them actually...

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Is yellow face different? I'm thinking of budgies who are in the blues, with a yellow face, but not much suffusion in their other feathers. Keep posting as she feathers out more - I want to keep seeing her!! Well - all of them actually...

Yes, there are many different types of yellowface and goldenface, each one affecting the colour of the bird in different ways and intensities.

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
i thought only albino,lutino and creamino ones had red eyes.i liked first chick and last chick most.i love yellow faced birds a lot too:heart:

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
i thought only albino,lutino and creamino ones had red eyes.i liked first chick and last chick most.i love yellow faced birds a lot too:heart:

That's normally the case, and that's why the Fallow mutation is so rare and beautiful. They are part albino, giving them the red eyes, and also cinnamon giving them the cinnamon markings. It also doesn't completely wipe out the body colour either.

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
That's normally the case, and that's why the Fallow mutation is so rare and beautiful. They are part albino, giving them the red eyes, and also cinnamon giving them the cinnamon markings. It also doesn't completely wipe out the body colour either.
never seen fallow here:)do they tend to be female too like other red eye mutations?

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Don't know much about budgies, but I sure know cuteness when I see it.

kitsunebandit

Avenue Veteran
What a beautiful clutch you have had! I haven't bred budgies for the last couple of years but I produced a beautiful fallow once. I had no idea where it had come from as I had bred the pair back around four generations. It was certainly a nice surprise

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
i would like chick 4 if i had choice.so pretty:heart: