• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Baby budgie

Wsoul

Strolling the yard
Hello

I have a 29 days old baby budgie who suddenly started vibrating/trembling yesterday at around 12am, his legs and body became stiff and also he was pooping
uncontrollably . I lost all hope and thought he is not going to make it through the night, but miraculously he survived and is playing and also is sleeping most of the time.

I am attaching a YouTube link please do watch and tell me what happened because of him I had a panic attack and I want to know will it relapse or is he out of the danger zone.

Please reply asap.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Could’ve been a seizure. :( He should be evaluated by a vet.

Wsoul

Strolling the yard
Could’ve been a seizure. :( He should be evaluated by a vet.
I took him to our vet but he said that it might have been caused because of malnutrition or maybe some sort of trauma but I don't think so he is well fed with nutritious food daily.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I took him to our vet but he said that it might have been caused because of malnutrition or maybe some sort of trauma but I don't think so he is well fed with nutritious food daily.
It could be a genetic issue as well.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I found the cause, he didn't drink any water for the whole day maybe he was dehydrated.
Can he not get to the water? That’s a problem but it sounds like there’s more going on.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hmm, keep a close eye on him. In my experience, episodes like that are usually warnings that something is wrong.