• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Blue Indian Ringneck

Hannahnaom

Moving in
Real Name
Hannah
Hello. I just got my baby blue Indian ring neck (Ocean) 4 days ago. She (or he) is 12 weeks old and I know she was handfed before by George (a breeder and groomer we take my cockatiel and yellow collared macaw to). She started to step up and down from my hand and just last night and this morning starting taking apple and tomato as well but she is still jumpy. She also just started making noise this morning. She steps up but it is hard getting her form her cage when she tries climbing off my hand onto it while I am pulling my hand out. I know I need to be patient but I just was wondering if anyone had any specific advice for me? And when she does come out of we are in the same room with her cage she will do anything to go back to it. I have had her in the bathroom while I gave her nuts last night and fruit this morning but we have cats and I would like to have her in my room (it is much bigger than the bathroom) so she can explore the bed or whatnot. She also actually got closer to my hand to take a pistachio which was really cool since i usually have to go to her for her to take it.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Cricket88

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Soad Hachami
Hello. I just got my baby blue Indian ring neck (Ocean) 4 days ago. She (or he) is 12 weeks old and I know she was handfed before by George (a breeder and groomer we take my cockatiel and yellow collared macaw to). She started to step up and down from my hand and just last night and this morning starting taking apple and tomato as well but she is still jumpy. She also just started making noise this morning. She steps up but it is hard getting her form her cage when she tries climbing off my hand onto it while I am pulling my hand out. I know I need to be patient but I just was wondering if anyone had any specific advice for me? And when she does come out of we are in the same room with her cage she will do anything to go back to it. I have had her in the bathroom while I gave her nuts last night and fruit this morning but we have cats and I would like to have her in my room (it is much bigger than the bathroom) so she can explore the bed or whatnot. She also actually got closer to my hand to take a pistachio which was really cool since i usually have to go to her for her to take it.
This is how I got my 1 year old to not be so scared and jumpy. Place the cage by your bed and leave it open. Do everything by your parrot let her/him watch you all day. Find out his favorite snacks and use them to bribe him to come out. Don’t use force use curiosity, find toys that interest her/him.