• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Baby Bird

YoshiSqee

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Hillary
Hi! I’m new to avian avenue. Often I will have a question that is specific about my green cheek conure and it usually leads me to this parrot forum. I’ve had a lot of people assert that keeping a bird in a cage is a sin, something that is a ubiquitous belief in the Indian community. When I am home, which is almost always he is on my shoulder most of the day. I spent a year looking for a green cheek and initially wanted a new baby for training purposes and I found a bit older of a rescue from a wonderful breeder that just did such a good job with him. I named my parrot Yoshi, but I mostly call him Squee or baby B. I am always looking for creative ways to enhance his experience and happiness. I have a lot of creative ways I’ve incorporated him into my everyday life. I am with my bird almost 24 hours a day, in part due to the pandemic and in part due to my disability that has newly kept me out of the workforce or most social situations. He’s been such a wonderful light for me. I had a pet sun conure when I was growing up and she and most parrots are such a beautiful, gentle, creature that deserve to have the privilege of being in my family. Yoshi loves to take baths (in bowls or in the bath with me on a perch) play on his jungle gyms, and general mischief. I’m excited to connect with other parrot enthusiasts.

Attachments

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
WELCOME to the Avenue!!! :bounce1:
LOVE your pictures! There is an annual photo contest for the bird calendar-- You can find the rules and specifics somewhere on this site... so hopefully one of your beautiful pictures could find its way into the worldwide calendar! WOW.
Thanks for sharing... and again, welcome.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome! Yoshi is absolutely adorable :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome!

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Welcome to the forum, Yoshi is beautiful. Looking forward to learning more about him!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!