• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby bird

Priya12

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Priya
MY dad went to the back yard to do some gardening And saw this little bird trying to fly he got done with gardening and saw it was still there trying to fly so he brought it inside we did have a bad storm today so I’m guessing it got lost . I really dont know what to do now I have offered it water and it drank a tiny bit and it’s seems very Young . image.jpg image.jpg y

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Excellent news!
Can she have some dinner?

Priya12

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Priya
Excellent news!
Can she have some dinner?
I don’t really know what I can feed it he/she is still breathing a little fast seems like it’s scared still so will let it calm down

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I don’t really know what I can feed it he/she is still breathing a little fast seems like it’s scared still so will let it calm down
Ok thanks for saving it :)

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Sounds like a good plan. Should be fine with just water until morning. Probably a young fledgling based on his feathering. In the morning, release him in a calm area near where he was found, so he can gather his bearings before heading out.

Hopefully after a warm place to sleep, he will be ready to fly.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Quite often baby birds parents are following them and watching from a distance.
Our wildlife places here in Aus request that we observe these babies and ensure they’re safe from our pets etc but they ask us to leave them as it’s most often part of their fledging and the parents are usually close by.
We have had many babies in our yard that appear alone and unable to fly but their parents are always close by- sometimes they have taken up to three days to acquire the skills and strength needed to actually fly high enough to get over the fence or land in a tree.
Are you certain there were no parent birds supervising from a distance?

Priya12

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Priya
Quite often baby birds parents are following them and watching from a distance.
Our wildlife places here in Aus request that we observe these babies and ensure they’re safe from our pets etc but they ask us to leave them as it’s most often part of their fledging and the parents are usually close by.
We have had many babies in our yard that appear alone and unable to fly but their parents are always close by- sometimes they have taken up to three days to acquire the skills and strength needed to actually fly high enough to get over the fence or land in a tree.
Are you certain there were no parent birds supervising from a distance?
I’m not really sure I was doing homework when my dad brought it in

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
What time is it there right now?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
It’s 10:00 it’s also dark outside
Here too. I didn’t know if you were here or in India. I think folks in India are just waking up.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Looks like a "Raspberry finch" as we call them here in the sonoran desert ..good nights rest, off to go in the morning! Have you had high winds or a storm, baby may just have been blown off course..

Blueberry

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lulu
You could probably give it some bird seeds if you want- I feed the wild birds sunflower seeds ! All the birds and squirrels love them! A little chubby squirrel will knock on window to fill the bird feeder!

A few years ago a blue jay beat up a little black cap chickadee in my back yard. This little chickadee was just sitting right outside the back porch door. The chickadee couldn’t fly - after multiple attempts to release him I kept him for about two weeks ina flight cage filled with branches and parts of trees with leaves - he eventually flew out when I was changing his water and I opened the window and he flew out to his waiting family in a near by tree - I counted over 7 chickadees ive never seen so many in one place before.

Becky/Nar

Checking out the neighborhood
read your posts with much interest as I just found a little lost Lovebird on 4-1-21. No one in my area keeps birds, so I have adopted little Narcissus to love and care for. I never thought that I could become so attached and have so many loving feelings for a bird. She is shy, but amazing and smart, and as beautiful and full of colorful as the Springtime flower she is named for!! I have spent the last 11 days educating myself on her breed and all of her specific needs. The do's and don'ts so to speak. I would welcome tips and info on Lovebirds if anyone has them. I want to give her the happiest most full life a little birdie of her kind can have. Thanks in advance for advice.