• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby bird help needed

ayandasgup

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi All

I am new to this forum so not sure if posting it in correct place. If not please guide.

3 days back I found a baby coppersmith barbet bird in a sewage drain near my house, probably fell from nest .

I took it , gave it a bath, and tried to feed him.

It is not able to fly I noticed. It is trying to fly but due to some reason it is falling down every time. To protect, I have kept it in a cage and gave it food- banana, apple, biscuit, eggwhite and water. It is able to eat that. However after 3 days still it shows no t much growth or capability in taking flight. I am seeing in the top of head , breast and belly there is very less feather grown. I took to a vet also who found an infection under the wings and gave a spray twice a day, and a medicine - maxigro. I am giving that but no visible improvement in behavior. I am attaching few pictures and a video of it. Can someone give any kind suggestion on what to do to make it better so that it is able to fly itself.
. You can see the bird is weak by seeing the pictures attached. There is a lump under the throat also not sure if it's normal. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello,

Is there a rehabilitation centre near you? That is always the best action to take when dealing with wild birds. Will a nearby vet take a look at him? They may have advice on what to do next.

(I have moved your thread to Softbill circle forum because the 911 forum is restricted, you may get better response here)