• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby African Grey poop suddenly abnormal and throwing up- Sad Update Post #13

Chicoo

Sitting on the front steps
Im so sorry for your loss :sadhug2:
My parrot was only 4 months old, could he get liver failure at that young age? I’m waiting for the results, but usually it takes like 4 weeks. I’ll make sure to post them once I receive them.

Chicoo

I'm so sorry for your loss. I never received any notification for this post. @Chicoo If you do get another bird from this person, I would have it vet checked. I had to put my Amazon of 25 years down and Paco (Bird in my profile) came into my life 2 weeks later. For me he was great comfort, that is a personal decision only you and your son can make. The droppings really wouldn't alarm me unless it went of for 2 days. They will get watery if Paco eats a cucumber or grape. One place you can look for to adopt a bird is local avian vets. Many people get a bird and do not realize the responsibility it is to take care of them. I adopted Paco neglected as the owner did not have time he needed. Stay in touch. Hugs!
Thank you for your kind words, Paco is super cute! I hope we have the same luck as you did!

Chicoo

:sadhug2: :sorrow: So sorry, Poor young bird, Give the new bird a home & I hope this time it works out for you but its still so hard to lose one even at a young age. Sometimes we have to deal with the cards we are dealt. Sometimes the hand is not good but I am hoping that your bird is waiting for you in the "wings"
Thank you so much

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Liver failure can result from too much Vit A [if I remember correctly? --- anybody? ]...
I actually did that once when I began to regularly add cooked Sweet Potato to the baby formula. Thank goodness I quickly learned my lesson! Unfortunately, baby did not survive.
I'm just airing my 'dirty laundry' to help others from making my well-intentioned mistake...
:banghead: :arghh: :(

Chicoo

Liver failure can result from too much Vit A [if I remember correctly? --- anybody? ]...
I actually did that once when I began to regularly add cooked Sweet Potato to the baby formula. Thank goodness I quickly learned my lesson! Unfortunately, baby did not survive.
I'm just airing my 'dirty laundry' to help others from making my well-intentioned mistake...
:banghead: :arghh: :(
Thank you. I had him for a whole week and a half and the only change I did was feed him 80% pellets as per recommendation from my vet instead of mostly seeds that the breeder was feeding.

Chicoo

Test results are in! Just how we suspected, our baby Chico was sick when we received him. Avian Chlamydia and E coli. My concern now is my new bird. I know avian chlamydia can infect humans and I do not want to bring another potentially sick bird home. Per contract states that in the event that our bird is sick, the seller assumes responsibility but that we can only get store credit. This is a concern as I have children at home that I will not expose to chlamydia or e coli. What would you do?

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
I personally would be wary and my first thought is could you use the "store credit" to stock up and get supplies such as cages, food etc and then look for a bird elsewhere. The other thing is to arrange to have the new bird fully vet checked prior to bringing it home at the expense of the seller to make sure it is clear before bringing the bird home. Just some thoughts....

Chicoo

There has been a change of events. The store owner is now accusing me of giving the bird avian chlamydia when I do not have any other birds nor was he exposed to any other birds and E coli. She is denying me from another bird and straight out told me I killed it. Now I have involved the health department, CDC, and am looking into reporting her for fraudulent business practices. As It turns out I have discovered at least 5 other cases of the same death within the first month of receiving a bird from her store. Stay vigilant my friends.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Don't let her get away with it. Get your money back. Can you involve the other 5 and pursue a small class action suit (not sure if you call it that) and include legal fees in the suit?

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry for your loss, too. Your experience was just terrible. Hoping things improve for you.

Chicoo

Don't let her get away with it. Get your money back. Can you involve the other 5 and pursue a small class action suit (not sure if you call it that) and include legal fees in the suit?
I am trying to do that! I have contacted the other people and waiting for a response. Hopefully their purchases fall within the two year statue of limitations.