• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Babies growing like the wind

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww, Monster! I love that little one! :hilarious:

CharmeC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Now that Nugget the eldest one is 51 days old, even the black on their beaks is fading fast too, I miss those down-covered dinosaur baby days! During their out of cage time they love sitting by the window to stare at the blue sky when they're not playing the "who can fly higher" game.
image.jpg image.jpg

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are all so beautiful, and so precious! Which babies are your snugglers?

CharmeC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
They are all so beautiful, and so precious! Which babies are your snugglers?
Ever since they learned to fly, none of them seems to be snuggly so far. They are super attached to the parents and the parents' cage, if they're perched on my hand and can see the cage they'll fly right back to it, otherwise they prefer flying to the window to look at the blue sky over staying on my hand. I found that it's easier to socialize with them in the evening when it's dark outside the window, I take them to the kitchen where they will all keep flying onto my arms and head since there's no blue sky to attract them lol

Coros

Walking the driveway
Ho my gosh they are freakin cute, are the parent okay with you handling them ?

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww, it's a little sad that they don't like snuggles at all! I'm glad they're willing to sit on you, at least. :)

CharmeC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Ho my gosh they are freakin cute, are the parent okay with you handling them ?
Back when they were still very young babies in the nesting box, the mother learned to scoot out of the nesting box whenever she saw my hand coming in with a piece of paper to block her from the babies (she would bite me if I reached in to touch the babies within her sight but was totally nonchalant about my handling the babies outside the nesting box). The father was more zealous and would fly over to my hand to check on the babies AND to bite me. Now that the babies are fully flighted, the parents seem to view them as nuisances.

Aww, it's a little sad that they don't like snuggles at all! I'm glad they're willing to sit on you, at least. :)
Since they are still so young, I am waiting to see how their personalities develop. Maybe some of them will become cuddly overtime?

I am still trying to decide on how to house them. I'd like to keep all of them but don't have room for 5 cages. I could do 3 cages if all 6 birds live in pairs. But although the 4 babies are attached to each other up to this point, will they still get along as they grow older? So far I think Yoyo is female for sure since she's already exhibiting a little bit of cage aggression.