• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Babies feathering

Surg35d

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sergio
Hello i am new i was wondering if anyone knows why one clutch of my baby parrotlets feathered on the head wings and tail but not the rest of their bodies?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can you give more information for the members who may be able to help you? Stuff like your baby birds approx age, diet, parent raised or hand raised chicks are all things that may be helpful. Any other useful information you can think of will make it easier for our members to give you advice or information that is suited to your specific situation.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Also where are you located? If you are in Australia I might be able to get you in contact with a wider network of parrotlet breeders.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
It's possible the parents could have plucked out some feathers but without being able to see what you are seeing, it's hard to say for sure.

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
I can’t speak for parrotlets specifically, but in my experience with lovebirds they develop their head, wing, and tail feathers before their bodies.

Surg35d

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sergio
Ok i have been breeding parrotlets for about a year now and this is the the first clutch of this turquoise pair and out of all of the clutches from my other pairs they usually feather evenly