• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

babble babble

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
:thumbsup:

Milton da Too :umbrella2:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I shall speak-on camera!Applaud me!
Love your zon!!! You know after a while, you learn to talk babble....it's easy and my birds understand it...even if I didn't at first.!! Ha ha!!!
Birds seem to do well with most of the vowels,
appart from the letter "e".... And they do well with some other letters, others not so much.
for instance poppers was one heck of a talker, a lot of babble at times to. But learned to interpret it.
for example....." I aana ooo ifff ooooooo" . ..
now that sounds like babble, but body language told me she was actually saying...
" I want to go with you" .....
You really can learn what they're saying and help them tweak it.

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
Yup. I heard him sing happy birthday and hello for a couple of times (not sure if on camera). The best part was when he mumbled good bird for once or twice as I am pretty sure that I taught him that word.
He usually only speaks when into playing (and it must be a bell,only bell will do but the sound must be there). I don't know his past but seems like there was something related to it.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
HOOMAN ALLERT...HOOMAN ALLERT...HOOMAN ALLERT....

attenshun awl hoomans heer....git yousesefs owtta heer now...or else...DA BBBIIITTTEEESSS...an ah meen busyness...

Milton da Too :umbrella2:

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
I don't understand what he's saying.. But he seems really happy to see you.
Oh!He is speaking Chinese that's why.

I HATE the chains :(. No bird deserves this.
Yup. Those suck. And he was on a smooth PVC pipe too big for him and a smooth metal perch used to hold the food bowl and smaller than a budgie perch before.
I don't know what is worse. The PVC?Or the perch he is on now.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Oh!He is speaking Chinese that's why.

Yup. Those suck. And he was on a smooth PVC pipe too big for him and a smooth metal perch used to hold the food bowl and smaller than a budgie perch before.
I don't know what is worse. The PVC?Or the perch he is on now.
Why the chains?

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Because it seems to be the default choice. Harnesses are more expensive and most parrots won't touch them since how you put them on requires trust from both parties.
And chains are also more widely available and so on. In fact though there are places selling harnesses,no one really buys them.
As for why he is not in a cage,I don't really know. On a side note,there is a new chattering lory,a few months after the black capped left.
To be honest I'd rather put a chain than harness since I bought one before but I ended up being too short (I wanted to fly Amoy),tangling up and uncomfortable (since Amoy also plucks) and the material is horrible too.
That is the only brand that I found here.
Also most 'bird people' here don't really know them well enough.They mistake 'keeping time' as experience in the field.
They are connected but not the same.

Dorcas George

We tuk time off frm buzzin our hooman's head to lisun to yu. Weze sqwkin loud. But weze sad bout chan.

Packer and Frost
:budgie3::budgie10: