• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

B&G macaw

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
In my opinion,,,,dont mess around, get her tested..my one cockatiel lost her voice, just wasnt " right" made a weird sound when breathing,wasnt as active as usual,,but would eat and drink, poo was normal,,,Dr. Driggers tested her positive for asper, I nebulized her, kept the poor thing isolated while being treated,loved and pampered her,,,she lost her fight also.. it's not worth it,,trust your gut!! :hug4:

Last edited:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
She is just being tired and talking less than usual her voice is t lost or changed at all . I dont think she has Aspergillosis because the vet said she should take itraconazole for two weeks and from what I know in case of Aspergillosis she would take it for few months
Anyhow I'll call the vet 2mrw and ask for the specific fungal name.
Hope your right, I lost a bird roughly a month ago to fungal infection. It was a long battle, and I lost. She stopped talking
As well, saying absolutely nothing for a while.
My vet did an Asper titer test which came back negative.
But those test have to be done a few times because so often you get false readings.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
That's much better. I can't over empathize what a beast Asper is. Here is a good high level article about Candida in birds.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I mean...it's better in terms of being treatable, but I wouldn't expect it to be causing this set of symptoms, so that makes me wonder if there's still something else.

Razd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Raz dv
I mean...it's better in terms of being treatable, but I wouldn't expect it to be causing this set of symptoms, so that makes me wonder if there's still something else.
Maybe there's something else but today she was vocal like she was before I guess this is a good sign btw I took her to two different vets this month
The first was emergency cuz I thought she had something serious and week after that I took her to the top avian vet in my country
And he found out about her fungal infection
And besides he said that she looks healthy & happy bird and at this stage with the symptoms I described and from what he saw he said there's no need to further examination.. he said that he could run few tests but he didn't think that he should so in the mean time ill let her heal from that fungus and keep tracking her behaviour & weight.