• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Awwww baby scarlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
I went to the pet store today because I was going to the store next to it and I thought I would go in and check out what animals they had. :omg: They had the cutest little ornery 8 month old little boys scarlet!! He was sooooooo cute!! He is at that stage where he is just figuring out what to do with his beak. Oh my gosh! I was playing with him and letting him test his beak, I bought him a toy even :)!

I took a couple videos of him and the bare eyed too next to him who was super jealous lol sorry the videos are not the greatest of quality, I didn't have my camera so these area all from my phone.
The baby scarlet was $2,199.00 with out a cage. When Crystal and I rescued the 18 month old Blue and gold who came with a HUGE HUGE HUGE monster cage, the lady paid $1,799 with the cage. The price tag was still on the cage. Interesting, I could never pay that much for a bird when so many need homes but he was SOOOOO cute I had to tear my self away from him.

I think I spent over an hour in the store lol the staff was afraid of him, they only play with the bare eyed. :(:mad::(
Here are the pics and videos that I took :)

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:omg: :heart: :omg: :heart: :omg:

WANT, WANT, WANT! I cannot get over how CUTE, ADORABLE, FLUFFY, SWEET and all the other words that could describe that sweetheart!! :swoon:

Zelle

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Zelle
What a beautiful and sweet bird. Lucky for me I'm not close to Ohio, I'd be pawning my wedding ring to get him.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Oh God is he cute! I think I would have had to take him home.... Jack and him could be best friends! Love the ruffled feathers.

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
I dont think I would of been able to leave. A scarlet is my dream bird :)

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
I dont think I would of been able to leave. A scarlet is my dream bird :)
Might I say...you have great taste. You see that tongue action. Of my large macaws or even other birds for that matter I find the Scarlest very sensual and tactile. They use their tongue to explore, they like tasting their people by a lick with their tongue. Molly loves rubbing her face patches against my skin. She doesn't yell when I come home...she hangs upside down to catch my attention. She is the first to whisper and doesn't feel a need to be loud.

Again, great taste.

Peggy

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Look at that tongue! I too am one of those with scarlet on my 'dream bird' list. Considering the only birds I'll ever get in the future are either another large YNA or DYH zon or a scarlet, it's a select list, :hehe: I saw a baby Ekkie a few weeks ago... Babies are freaking adorable!

onthewingsofmacaws

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Patricia
:omg::omg: how could you leave that baby there especially if the staff is arfaid of him who is going to give that sweet adorable darling the socializing he needs. I trully hope someone buys him soon he's sosososo sweet.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's a gorgeous baby, Jen. It must have been so hard to walk away.

I've been in that situation with a tiny, tiny B&G not much bigger than Zoe, and a male too! He was the cutest little teacup B&G ever, and I WANTED him. Y'know, sometimes I still regret it... But I won't buy from a pet store...

Anyway, thanks for letting us see him. I love all macaws :heart:

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
:heart:I know he was sooo sweet and I was hard for me to walk away but again, how can I pay that from a pet store when so many need homes? That is against my beliefs, just can't do that. As sweet as he was, I HAD to walk away:o:

I am going back to visit him today :) lol

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg::omg::omg:

angie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Angela Wilson
I hope that sweet baby boy gets a good forever home....

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Gorgeous Scarlet baby!! :swoon:

I've been in that situation with a tiny, tiny B&G not much bigger than Zoe, and a male too! He was the cutest little teacup B&G ever, and I WANTED him.
I saw a teacup B&G once. Scarcely larger than a Severe in the same place so about RFM sized, with the most incredible cerulean color, like clear blue sky. Very hard to walk away... :eek:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I saw a teacup B&G once. Scarcely larger than a Severe in the same place so about RFM sized, with the most incredible cerulean color, like clear blue sky. Very hard to walk away... :eek:

They are absolutely amazing, aren't they? :jawdrop: I tell ya, Titanis, I am still kicking myself. :o: If I ever chance to see another one, I'll bet I don't walk away empty handed, :lol:

Good luck, Jen! You have more will power than I would, LOL.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
TOTALLY love tha baby scarlet!:heart:

I hope to one day have another scarlet in my life:heart::heart::(:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.